Roush Considering a set of saleen style recaro's (ebay), any info for me?

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
ebay link

What years used these if any?

I've been in contact with him, and he wants $140 for shipping.

He rates them a 6 of 10.

No tracks, but he said factory ones will work.

Are they hard to get now?
Worth recovering? (although he says they are fine for anything but a show car, and i'm not a show guy).

What do you guys value them at?

I like to keep with the Saleen them on my 90, but keep in mind i can get flofits and corbeau'ss for around 750 new.
Thanks,
Joe

Edit: if i'm readin this ad right, i can get these flofits' for $450.
link

• Sponsors (?)

Oh man.

Do you have any close ups? I saw those seats come on ebay a few days ago. From the two pictures they look really rode hard. I wouldn't even pay 200 bucks for both. I see the other auction is for FloFit's from Seat Source, You know Seat Source bought Flofit years ago. Those Recaro's were used in a handful of 92-93 cars. Mark at PAS could verify. I doubt those came from a Saleen.

From Seat Source's site. This is the page you need.

http://www.seatsource.com/products_flofit.htm

If I were in the market to fix,repair,replace or get Saleen specific seats in my ride I would buy two un-upholstered seats from them for $245 a piece. If you find a really hungry upholstry guy you could almost knock off the 87-89 FloFits with the red piping for cheap. A guy here in Los Angeles does a seat anyway you want it for $125. The only material NLA is the center section and I approve of George's choice for center section seat material.

http://www.myscsaleen.com/saleen2.html#Interior

Thanks Marcus. I agree, if you were going to get flofits, just order a set uncovered from seatsource and have them upholstered. You'll have as good a seat as you can get unless you get fortunate enough to find a set of original unmolested seats which are almost impossible to find.

foxbodysaleen19 said:
Thanks Marcus. I agree, if you were going to get flofits, just order a set uncovered from seatsource and have them upholstered. You'll have as good a seat as you can get unless you get fortunate enough to find a set of original unmolested seats which are almost impossible to find.

Impossible to find. YOU can say that again.

George, I hope it was ok but a guy with a 'real" 89 needed some advice so I showed him the link to your site so I could show off your car for you. He may email you. :D He is in the Flofit seat "predicament" we all have been in.

no problem. Having a real Saleen as I do and having the same problem everyone has with the material, I figure I got as close as anyone can.

I got my letter of Authenticity from Liz and come to find out mine was 1 of 2 with it's option list.

Does unpholestered mean no cushions either?

George, what was your out of pocket to have them covered?

Also about the orginal ebay auction, i asked twice already for better pictures, and he have conveiniantly not replied to that. (although he has returned both emails.
He just seems a bit vague, and it's kinda of shady anyway. Oh, well.

I believe it is without the cushions. My out of pocket cost both front and rear seats plus the door insert materials was $1450.00. The grey and red piping was a direct match, the inside material was as close as you can get, I used a new rear seat kit borrowed from Bart Gadlage.

Well, i have no rear seats, and wasn't planning on doing the door inserts until you mentioned it, god damn it.

Did you have old worn out seats you had redone, or did you buy the frames too?

Is there specific names for the colors used?

Maybe i'd be better off just getting a gray or black set of the flofits done already.
$450 is not bad.
That's cheaper than corbeau's.

You spent $1450 without the frames, i don't have a real saleen, so that may be a little rich for my blood. For around 1700 i could get a brand new set of recaros (same as in my explorer without the stitching).

foxbodysaleen19 said:
Yeah I know it was costly for me but restoring a real saleen is never cheap!
You have a real one, sort of justified you spent the money. Are they comfortable even?

Looks like corbeaus may have the most supportive fit.

They are very firm but comfortable to me. I like how they fit and the bolsters support me in a sharp turn. No sliding around in the seats. I've driven across Georgia and never feel uncomfortable. I wish though they had the lumbar bags in 87. They didn't put them in until 89. Oh well.

I don't know the weight, but my Flofits ( cloth ) out of my 89 are just a hair heavier than my Recaros ( leather ) out of the S351. The leather Flofits out of the SSC weigh about the same as the cloth ones.

Since you have done so much Saleen to your ride, and want some good supportive seats then go with the FloFits in a solid gray. They came that way in the 90-91 cars. The only difference was that they had a little light and sometimes blue gray piping. You can't go wrong.

To be absolutely 100% honest my favorite seat all around for fit and support have to be my 16 year old cloth Flofits. My favorite part is the under knee adjust ment extendable portion of the seat on longer drives. No Recaro's I know have that!
I did have cloth Recaro's that I really liked, but as you say even the cloth Recaros are almost twice as much and you are not even getting into the seat rails.

Here is a 90 Saleen. I'll give Mark at PAS some ink.

foxbodysaleen19 said:
am I missing something? I don't see any floor mats. I know the foxbody floor mats are impossible to find.

I apologize, my post was 2 seperate subjects, the floor mats i wanted are in the pic marcus posted of the seats.

The first part was about the fact that i was looking through sets of seats, and found it odd someone would put an s351 out to pasture.

My bad.