Fox Convertible Update - sold!

lol, I'm not trying to get $15k out of the car. If it could really pull that, then I just disagree with the market, lol. I don't need to rip the next fella off.

Appreciate the kind words, Mike.

And, @Noobz347, every sticker counts!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Wait... Who's our resident t-shirt making guy? I know we have one but I don't recall who :scratch:

So I was watching tv yesterday and saw this. My first thought was those wheels look familiar, where have I seen a conversation about that?

A minor update:

Finally got my ass out of the school chair and reinstalled the back seats from when I pulled out the roll bar. I also rotated the tires, because I've had some fun in the car and figured it was probably a good idea.

The driver's side catalytic converter started rattling. I bought an affordable Flowmaster cat to replace it ~$60.

It got no attention at $7k. I dropped it every weekend for 3 weekends and am now at $6k. Got 2 bites, but no follow-up. Good enough for me. It'll stay there for at least a couple months before it goes down again.

Maybe Nitrous:
A friend of a friend is apparently selling his nitrous kit for $200. The convertible is plenty quick as is, but that's an awfully cheap 100-150 hp to pass up. I would get this 4-in-1 window switch, WOT switch, RPM gauge, and shift light <-- LINK, and a 255 LPH pump to replace the stocker. All in all, I should be into it for less than $500.

It's a wet kit, so fueling wouldn't be an issue. I estimate the car makes ~270-ish rwhp as is. This would put me at or over 400rwhp. I'd be worried about the LUK clutch and the T5, but on street tires and granny shifting, maybe it'll hold together for a while. Sure would be fun to outrun coyotes and SS Camaros with the top down! lol

Last edited:
A minor update:

Finally got my ass out of the school chair and reinstalled the back seats from when I pulled out the roll bar. I also rotated the tires, because I've had some fun in the car and figured it was probably a good idea.

The driver's side catalytic converter started rattling. I bought an affordable Flowmaster cat to replace it ~$60.

It got no attention at $7k. I dropped it every weekend for 3 weekends and am now at $6k. Got 2 bites, but no follow-up. Good enough for me. It'll stay there for at least a couple months before it goes down again.

Maybe Nitrous:
A friend of a friend is apparently selling his nitrous kit for $200. The convertible is plenty quick as is, but that's an awfully cheap 100-150 hp to pass up. I would get this 4-in-1 window switch, WOT switch, RPM gauge, and shift light, and a 255 LPH pump to replace the stocker. All in all, I should be into it for less than $500.

It's a wet kit, so fueling wouldn't be an issue. I estimate the car makes ~270-ish rwhp as is. This would put me at or over 400rwhp. I'd be worried about the LUK clutch and the T5, but on street tires and granny shifting, maybe it'll hold together for a while. Sure would be fun to outrun coyotes and SS Camaros with the top down! lol
Here we go...........:rlaugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I'd vote against the nitrous.
I don't think you have anything to gain by doing it.
In a vert, I don't think it's going to get it done vs coyotes or SS's.
You risk damage and more money into the car.
And while it may impress some of the younger more ignorant buyers, the damage the nitrous may do to the car's rep in the long term with adult buyers will probably take a hit.
Just can't see an upside of a guy with a 1000rwhp foxbody, adding a 150 shot to a vert that he wants to sell.
Sometimes you have to leave well enough, alone. Especially in something you aren't even keeping.

I'd vote against the nitrous.
I don't think you have anything to gain by doing it.
In a vert, I don't think it's going to get it done vs coyotes or SS's.
You risk damage and more money into the car.
And while it may impress some of the younger more ignorant buyers, the damage the nitrous may do to the car's rep in the long term with adult buyers will probably take a hit.
Just can't see an upside of a guy with a 1000rwhp foxbody, adding a 150 shot to a vert that he wants to sell.
Sometimes you have to leave well enough, alone. Especially in something you aren't even keeping.
Who are you again and why are you spouting this nonsense "dont install the nitrous" resale value adulting stuff....

and why is a vert automatically slower than a coyote or SS??? I have a vert that will get it done with the top down.

:jester:ahh i mean dont mind me

• Haha