Craigslist Find!

Reddevil91

15 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Ok so I’m posting this for my buddy, he just sold his 2013 Roush stage3, car was a beast. He came across this on Craigslist. Whoever posted it didn’t know what they were talking about, it’s obviously a 5spd but states it’s automatic. Also says it’s a 2.3L lol in the description but yeah. He called they said it’s been completely redone. 347 stroker with 68mm turbo pushing 550 rwhp on 8lbs of boost. Price seems exceptionally high. So in your all’s opinion what do you think and what’s a price that would be worth pulling the trigger or at least trying to go for besides 17.5k
https://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1990-ford-mustang-lx-2dr/6431468877.html

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good.
I would take a guess that they have it listed as a 4cyl Auto, cause it probably was origanally (VIN)?
No AC in Texas would suck lol
I’m sure if you went in there with enough $100 dollar bills, you could buy it for a lot less :D

Here ya go

Attachments

• E5FEE6AB-4846-4700-9763-AF11AED5E428.png
    E5FEE6AB-4846-4700-9763-AF11AED5E428.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 198
Reactions: 1 user
Former 4cyl car.

$17k is Cobra or saleen territory, not converted 2.3 with unknown turbo territory.

Also, financing for a 28 year old car? Hate to see that interest rate

Reactions: 1 users
It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If it drives well and doesn't have any major gremlins that's 90% of it. Is it a finished car, as in, does that thing still have a T5 and a factory axle? Stuff like that. I wouldn't be too upset if that passed me by, put it that way. If I was happy with the car, I would let it mellow a bit on the dealer lot until they were a little more desperate to sell. I wouldn't say it's common, but stuff like that does end up at used car dealerships. Divorce settlement where someone dumps the car, death of a spouse, etc.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 users
I think any value related comments are pure speculation at this point. There are way too many unknowns, and I would say the odds are that it's shinier than it is nice.

It would be a rare find indeed for a seller who invested a ton of money and time to want to trade in through a dealer, unless it belonged to the dealer or his family.

What heads, internals, suspension, brakes, transmission, turbo kit, tune? How well was the conversion done? What computer is in it? Electrical system?

Without 2 weeks to go through everything, or a builder to answer a lot of specific questions, you couldn't give that car to me.

If the answers to all of those questions were right, it would be worth more than asking. If they were wrong, it would be worth what you could part the car out for.

My gut tells me someone gave up on a build, couldn't sell it and took bottom dollar from the dealer to get out of it.

Last edited:
I think any value related comments are pure speculation at this point. There are way too many unknowns, and I would say the odds are that it's shinier than it is nice..

You are right. We are making assumptions at this point.

But at $17K...is I wanted a fast Mustang, I'd be considering an '03/04 Cobra at that price point.

Reactions: 2 users
So apparently the owner of the car works at the dealership and is selling the car through them, but the car sits at the owners garage. To me sounds sketchy. I told my buddy to low ball and offer 10k cash, since he just recently sold his Roush for 34k. If not move on and find another nice slightly moded Fox for a good price not 17k and throw a turbo or blower on it. Like I told him it’s hard to get what you invested into the car money wise but sounds like this person is trying to calculate for every penny and labor hours.