Progress Thread She’s a runner

Nice tuning session with the great @a91what to sort out some idle issues and review some things and the car is running great! Went on a couple rides today and she’s got tons of power. Just about done with ve1 and soon move onto my second table for use with water/meth.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice tuning session with the great @a91what to sort out some idle issues and review some things and the car is running great! Went on a couple rides today and she’s got tons of power. Just about done with ve1 and soon move onto my second table for use with water/meth.
He is pretty amazing. Considering he does it w/o ever being in the car, or anywhere near it, this makes his business potentially National.

Wish I could say that.

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure you post a log of the W/meth run, I want to see how well the Intake temps do. I cant wait to see what it makes on the dyno with better heads and longtubes.
Definitely will! I’m surprised how cool they’re staying without w/m not having that exhaust gas recycled through the intake makes a huge difference

Decent quarantine day yesterday. Made first run on meth with 5% fuel pulled. Just a bit fat up top so I trimmed the VE this morning. Manifold temps dropped into the 130s at about 10psi. I’ll do another run today and post up that log.

I also helped my neighbor get the headers on his Buick GS it’s a beast 670hp 441ci I think

Attachments

• 0CA6D929-D118-4297-91BA-EC6A8DF150BF.jpeg
    0CA6D929-D118-4297-91BA-EC6A8DF150BF.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 87
still maybe a little more to trim but pretty damn close and feeling really good.

Attachments

• frst meth adjust 2020-04-05_08.58.28.msq
    119.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 2020-04-05_12.20.33.msl
    7.1 MB · Views: 111
Ok i had to fix some things on that last tune. had rpm fields off a bit from ve1-3 fixed it and re adjusted the ve3 table. here's the datalog and tune. I already made the changes on my current tune using this data. will get another datalog once the rain goes away.

Attachments

• 2020-04-07_11.50.07.msl
    6 MB · Views: 102
  • ve3 rpm adj 2020-04-06_22.37.48.msq
    119.9 KB · Views: 137
They have remote mount coil buckets. or if you want to upsize the inlet track you could make it come up and then lay across the blower, this would make a big difference if you used an oval TB or an 90mm the blower would make more boost with fewer losses. This gives more room for the coils on the VC

I see that traction may be an issue. Sounds good, makes me miss it. If you had to guess what's the ass-o-meter say for power?
Hard to say. I’m not good at guessing HP but I will say you can’t lean forward in your seat when you really get into it lol. I need to pick up some belt dressing, it’s definitely slipping. I can’t wait to get it on the dyno

At this point i think i'm done with the tune. I will continue to datalog but my last one was very small changes to ve and its really just back and forth leaner/richer by 1 in the same areas. I looked at the boosted areas in detail and made some small changes in 3 cells to bring the arf in closer to target afr but really splitting hairs. I'm trying to get some dyno time in May or June so hopefully the guys at Hutter Performance will get back to me with a date. There may be some room to adjust timing but I'll do that on the dyno and see if it helps

Reactions: 1 user