Progress Thread Daily Driver.... 89 GT - They lost my radiator???

• Sponsors (?)

manicmechanic007

5 Year Member
Sep 26, 2017
I would be thinking heavy duty cooling (3 row radiator)
It may have that anyway with AC
I would be thinking lifetime.
New radiators do not last that long these days
Yes, your old brass radiator is worth about 10 - 15 bucks at the salvage yard easy

TIGGER

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2000
I looked at the Jmac web site and it looks like they are only in Utah. I did not call though. Unfortunately, I don't want to deal with lifetime warranty stuff and having to ship it back and wait for them to ship me another one. Much easier to take it back local to where I got it and get another one. I already ordered the one from Napa. It should be here tomorrow.

I would be thinking heavy duty cooling (3 row radiator)
It may have that anyway with AC
I would be thinking lifetime.
New radiators do not last that long these days
Yes, your old brass radiator is worth about 10 - 15 bucks at the salvage yard easy
I think the radiator I am getting is 2 row which is the same style that came with the car when I got it. It seemed to cool the car just fine for the first part of the summer. I did not see the temperature rise till after I swapped in the "lost" radiator. I am not too worried about it as we do not see many triple digit days here in Oregon. With a new heater core, water pump, fan clutch and radiator the cooling system should be happy.

I like this, lets find out if they did find YOURS???? Or they can't and are trying to sqeeeeeeeeze out of it........

That remains to be seen. I did not get a call today that is back on my side of town. I will be able to tell if it is mine as it was an original Ford 5 speed radiator (no bungs for the tranny cooler). Probably rare find these days as I think all radiators are dual purpose. Manager told me that if they did not find it he would order me a new one free of charge. He also is not going to charge me for the inspection. I plan on stopping by again on my way to work tomorrow and see if they have it.

Reactions: 1 user

TIGGER

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2000
Good point. I didn’t check to see if the restrictor was there before I attached the hoses to the new heater core. I assume the original one is still there. Heater core I replaced was the original one from 1989. I can’t believe it survived that long and 216,000 miles without the restrictor. I will check though. Thanks for reminding me.

TIGGER

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2000
Good job, Snappa has a warranty anyway right?
That restrictor made them less noisy
Ford used to have us put them in the Lincolns et al. for complaints of water running sounds TSB
With the restrictor, you should have no loss of heat
Yes lifetime warranty from Napa. Funny you mentioned the running water sound, I was hearing that when I started the car in the morning for a short while before the heater core let go. I thought it was because it was leaking and there was air in it when I started it? I will still look, just have not got to it. I have a reducer if there is not one on this car. I bought it when I did the Saleen but I did not end up using it as there was one already installed.