Deal is done...going to pick my GT up in 2 weeks...heres a pic and a couple of mods

JH23

Nov 1, 2006
View attachment 427178

View attachment 427180

View attachment 427182

Also i made a deal with him to have a set of chrome cobra r wheels on with new tires...and i get a complete 5.0 motor with everything needed to run...only thing it needs is rings....any thought's or commens ?

new gt-40 crate motor from ford racing.
new polished cobra intake and plenium,
c&l 76mm mass air meter,
bbk 70mm throttle boddy,
bbk full length chrome headers,
msd billet distributer,blaster coil and egn. module,
9mm wires,
155 lph fuel pump,
30lb Cobra injectors,
373 gears
high performance starter
new power steering pump
superchip
170 amp chrome alt
cold air intake
caber caster plates
steeda 2'' drop sus.
short throw shifter
new x pipe
10/10/06 motor was pulled
finished on 10/ 19 /06

Ford racing site says around 345 hp or so

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=7368

• Sponsors (?)

as long as it runs for awhile, i can always add power to it ...not looking for a rocket just something that dont cost a arm and a leg to fix if it breaks down is all.

Jamie

It will be a blast..and you will definately enjoy it. Unfortunately you now own a mustang so you likely will become bored with the output and general performance...so you will undoubtedly continue to mod it..it will become faster, better..you again will become bored...you will mod it, change it...and the cycle will now continue likely untill the day you sell her. Sad part is it happens to everyone...great part is...it happens to everyone.

its pretty simple to add power...from what i understand....but with the vette...man if it breaks down...you let it sit while you save if your not rich...so it was time to bid farewell...i had a 86 vert few years back...and if i wanted to go somewhere...i never had to worry about if it would make itor if it broke down if i could afford to fix it.....hopefully this one will be the same

lol...nitrous...well i've never had it ...and never been around it ....i dont know if i'd like having it or not....i hear it can really mess up a real good motor with that stuff

i understand RS....thats why i asked for comments....although....it is always easy to sit and say someone got a lousy deal when they are not footing the bill to pay for things that go wrong on the vette ...true ? :)

JH23 said:
i understand RS....thats why i asked for comments....although....it is always easy to sit and say someone got a lousy deal when they are not footing the bill to pay for things that go wrong on the vette ...true ? :)
Touche sir touche. I honestly would of slapped it on ebay for a week and made some money off the deal.

dman...how many horses do you jump up with a 100 shot ?

thanks super...i loved my 86 vert...i loved the 86, not the vert part lol.....anyway i could drive that baby anywhere...especially with only 86,000 original miles on it....i will say that i am looking forward to it ,and my 2 kids will have a safe place to sit in it...BIG reason why the vette is going now