Do the 05 and up GT wheels fit on the 99-04 Stangs?

• Sponsors (?)

As posted already, the offset is different and they will be tucked in. you can run longer hardened studs and wheel spacers, but this isn't an ideal solution and you won't be able to get more than .5". The other option is to buy hubcentric wheel spacers. If you want to run that wheel, this is the best way to do it. I beleive without spacers, the fronts will rub on the strut (but I haven't checked this). I bolted an 06GT wheel with a 245-45-17 on the back of my 97 with no rubbing. It still had a lot of clearance actaully

hubcentric spacers are safer, but I dont think they are really needed. A standard spacer should be fine. Longer studs are always great upgrade. Moroso makes them for our cars....

front part # 46185
back part # 46180.

Id proboly go with ARP's if you run studs. They last a bit longer.

Your stock 17X8 wheels have a +30mm offset.
S197 17X8 wheels have a +45mm offset.

This means these wheels will sit inward 15mm on your car. They will, fit, they will not rub, rub they will look a little weird. Spacers are required to get a proper look.

Here they are on my notch with a 2001 axle and 2001 front spindles. (BUT DON'T THINK THEY WILL LOOK LIKE THIS ON YOUR CAR!! THEY ARE RIGHT ON MY CAR BECAUSE IT IS A FOX.)

Note a stock 17X8 Bullit wheels on the right rear. See where it sits at the edge? (BUT...the wheels sits in further than it looks, because I still have the 235-55R17's on there. It I put the correct 245-45-17, it would give an actual look)

DSC04298.jpg

Look at the left rear with the 05+ wheel. It sits in 15mm.

DSC04299.jpg

Front and rear with 30mm offset wheels.
View attachment 319399
After with +45mm front wheels and +30mm offset rear wheels...See the difference???
DSC04293.jpg