Do turbo kits come with the exhaust manifold, or do we have to make a customized one?

Nitro Juan

Mar 2, 2012
I want to get my 1997 4.6L a turbocharger but, i have never bought a turbo before. I have been looking at the Turbonetics single turbo but, unsure if i will have to custom make one. Help appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

On3 performance is one of the cheapest kits. Make sure you get the upgraded turbo. There is helion performance, and some others. It all depends on what you want to spend. The stock motor is only going to hold about 8 lbs of boost though. I have the on3 kit on my 03 running 10 psi, and i am waiting for the day it goes. In the process of a forged 5.4 to use the kit on it next.

If you have a auto trans the down pipe will hit the bellhousing so its only for 5 speeds. I dont know which you have but i found that out right before i was about to buy it

It is a manual. Thanks you guys, ill take a look at the on3. And i had a misspell or i should say confusion. Turbonetics was in my head when i wrote this but, i actually meant the hellion turbocharger.