Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

It's a Ford. That's the problem.

Short of a failed bushing on the rear, or a torn torque box, or a tweaked chassis from an accident, it could be just production variances on a mass produced car.
So new rear axle bushings done awhile back, torque boxes are clean and intact, no accidents. Idk oh well but I know every time I walk by it, it’s gonna jump out at me now ha ha

Getting some things powder coated and decided to pull the alt bracket, belt tensioner and front ac bracket off, clean and spray them with some gloss black spray paint. I had noticed previously that I had a small leak on the PS lines. Well today while removing said items I noticed a decent amount of fluid like the car pissed itself. Got underneath and can see where it’s leaking. Got the flare nut wrench and tried tightening it but it was snug. Don’t remember hearing any whinning noise when driving it previously, when the pump gets low. I opened the reservoir and it still had fluid but was surely low. Could this just maybe be a bad o ring? I want to say it’s the stock pump but could surely be wrong and had changed it at some point but don’t remember.
CE61087C-ADDE-4BEF-8530-A14912A6D7F7.jpeg
C925F604-C069-4B33-BAB5-9D4AB89B945D.jpeg
BBF00CD5-2412-4832-9616-82EF137F2BEB.jpeg

What up what up guys well I’ve made a few changes got the engine bay cleaned up better, powder coated the power pipe, moroso coile cover and steeda tensioner pulley. While I had all that getting done I pulled the alt bracket, smog delete, ac brackets and compressor off, degreased everything, wire brushed, primed and sprayed everything with some vht black gloss spray. I ended up buying some seat track extensions from blue oval industries, after a little seat time I wanted more leg room and these things did the trick! Way more comfortable. So now I’m onto a new project which will be the cluster.
62137E0E-3E9C-4388-9DE0-56E705E89458.jpeg
FC326A04-3E1D-45D3-B6D6-CD580D03F629.jpeg
D8CD6F09-35D5-4AF9-AC16-C9140B85567D.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
I need a car cover Iike that. Where's that from?
It’s the moroso cover, got this one off lmr then had it powder coated. I like how it cleans up that area of the engine bay. I’m debating on cutting a hole on the side and placing a grommet so I can run the coil wire through the side versus tucked in through the back like it is. Probably just leave it as is now since it’s powder coated.

Oh wait the car cover lol my bad. I got that from mustang America it’s their onyx version not bad price wise plus they have a 10% discount code on the site. It’s a really nice cover, soft, fitted but surely an in door cover only.
http://www.mustangamerica.com/catalog/Mustang-Onyx-Car-Covers

Thanks! I was looking for a nice indoor fitted cover that wasn't $400. Carcraft has a few nice ones but i'm not paying that much for a cover.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I was looking for a nice indoor fitted cover that wasn't $400. Carcraft has a few nice ones but i'm not paying that much for a cover.
Yeah I looked at theirs or maybe cover craft idk but for a custom one that fit nice they wanted 4-500 which I was not going to pay. Saw a guy post his car getting put up for storage and he tossed me the info on it and I ordered it the next day. Plus I still have my original car cover that’s an all weather 3 or 4 ply if I ever need it.

Nice looking engine bay, I like it when things are clean but not over stated (in other words, I hate chrome).
And I love the look of the gt40 in black too.

• Agree
Nice looking engine bay, I like it when things are clean but not over stated (in other words, I hate chrome).
And I love the look of the gt40 in black too.
Lol idk what that steak thing is but I had to use it!! Thanks man I appreciate it. I use to be all in to chrome and razzle dazzle polished stuff but got over that a long time ago. Just need to change that breather over to a black one instead of that chrome one. I’m real surprised they haven’t started making color powder coated throttle bodies as of yet. Tried to get mine powder coated but to many things that couldn’t get baked had to come off and I don’t want to mess with it.

Yeah man, it really does look good. I’m about to embark on my engine bay as well. 2019 is going to be the year I’ll start really digging in to my car. Had it two years. When I bought it, it was the perfect project car. I’ve made some strides, but, looking forward to doing some real work. This is my 4th Fox, and the one I’ll keep.

Last edited:
Yeah man, it really does look good. I’m about to embark on my engine bay as well. 2019 is going to be the year I’ll start really digging in to my car. Had it two years. When I bought it, it was the perfect project car. I’ve made some strides, but, looking forward to doing some real work. This is my 4th Fox, and the one I’ll keep.
Thanks man, I’ve had this one since high school due to wrecking my first one, not my fault btw, in high school as well. It’s always nice when the hood gets popped and the engine bay is clean, vs a really good looking car outside then the hood is popped and it’s like wow what happen here?? Luckily I was second owner of this car which I bought from an older lady at the time with 35k on it so I’ve kept it clean and garaged so not a lot of effort was needed to keep it real clean. Finally getting it to what I’ve wanted engine wise, not completely there yet, still need that BLOWER!! In due time though! The whole wire tuck and cleaned up shaved panels would be awesome it really looks good but not sure if I’ll ever get there

Yeah I looked at theirs or maybe cover craft idk but for a custom one that fit nice they wanted 4-500 which I was not going to pay. Saw a guy post his car getting put up for storage and he tossed me the info on it and I ordered it the next day. Plus I still have my original car cover that’s an all weather 3 or 4 ply if I ever need it.

Got mine. Very nice cover and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the info!

Currently working on the car atm, so when I wrap up the coil-over install I'll toss it on.

IMG_1877.JPG