Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

For the dust shields, try Ford. I think I paid $14 for the fronts from Ford directly but I'd imagine price may have gone up a bit more since.

Try ebay as well, as the wholesalers there tend to have better pricing.

there's only one dust shield for the front, and one for the rear of solid axle cars

Last edited:
Would you recommend any of these? If I install these 94/95 ball joints then I would not need those spacers correct? Also are these the dust shields I would need and is there anywhere else to get them cheaper?
Those are the dust shields .

Ball joints are for 94-95 mustang . I bought motorcraft ones from rock auto

3C41E2D6-D78C-4A94-AFDF-585075D0915B.jpeg
3DFEEE47-C209-4C88-BE67-275CC1641D46.png
459A6204-ECD2-467D-A52E-7714B5C501B4.jpeg
For the dust shields, try Ford. I think I paid $14 for the fronts from Ford directly but I'd imagine price may have gone up a bit more since.

Try ebay as well, as the wholesalers there tend to have better pricing.

there's only one dust shield for the front, and one for the rear of solid axle cars
Cool man I’ll try that option and hopefully find some if not I’ll just order from lmr. Also do you know if these studs are what i should get for replacements? And I figured that if I have to loosen the strut nut I might slip in some new ones, not quite sure on that yet, but question is on my caster plates, I don’t remeber where I had them installed but they used the stock shield cover thing, does this need to be on there? It’s always bugged the crap out of me for let’s say the last 13 years!! Dang my engine bay needs a good cleaning, it’s been sitting garaged queened for to dang long.

That doesn't look right. What brand C/C plates are those?

Lugs look good to go.
Honestly I can’t remeber this was highschool times when I lowered my car on Jamex springs back in the day. I honestly think the plates are M.A.C for some reason bc I was big into MAC products back then.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes you will have issues, you need to stay away from Cobra brakes or 15" wheels. I'm purposely running 17" skinnies for racing in case I ever upgrade to Cobra front brakes.
Thanks man just saw that on LMR for their 13 in rotors, it says you need at least 17s. Guess I’ll have to let these go.

F7BDF605-CAC7-4D1F-BB2A-87DBBC1F189C.jpeg
Alright guys getting started on this swap. Pending the front big brake kit but figured it start to disassemble things that I need to get off. Boy that PB blaster stuff stinks put some
on the bolts, they needed to be bathed and let sit for awhile. Have a couple of questions since I know I’ll get to them, and have plenty more.
1. I’ve seen a few parts out cars on Craig’s around my area, ranging from 95-02 and are either V6s or GTs. Can I use the front and rear dust shields off these vehicles?
2. I watched the LMR 5 lug conversion video and not gonna lie my mind was a little blown. Guess I just need to re-watch and jot down all the different torque specs etc. but it looks doable just gonna take me awhile for sure. Anyways I noticed that on the front dust shields they revited the shields on. Is this how it’s to be done or can you bolt them on? Thanks guys always appreciate the feedback

F7BDF605-CAC7-4D1F-BB2A-87DBBC1F189C.jpeg
Alright guys getting started on this swap. Pending the front big brake kit but figured it start to disassemble things that I need to get off. Boy that PB blaster stuff stinks put some
on the bolts, they needed to be bathed and let sit for awhile. Have a couple of questions since I know I’ll get to them, and have plenty more.
1. I’ve seen a few parts out cars on Craig’s around my area, ranging from 95-02 and are either V6s or GTs. Can I use the front and rear dust shields off these vehicles?
2. I watched the LMR 5 lug conversion video and not gonna lie my mind was a little blown. Guess I just need to re-watch and jot down all the different torque specs etc. but it looks doable just gonna take me awhile for sure. Anyways I noticed that on the front dust shields they revited the shields on. Is this how it’s to be done or can you bolt them on? Thanks guys always appreciate the feedback
It is a big project but not really that bad, the most difficult thing for me was wedging the 93 Cobra Brake Booster into place. I used Rivets to install the Dust Shields but I am sure you can come up with some small 1/4" nuts and bolts to hold them on.

It is a big project but not really that bad, the most difficult thing for me was wedging the 93 Cobra Brake Booster into place. I used Rivets to install the Dust Shields but I am sure you can come up with some small 1/4" nuts and bolts to hold them on.
Yeah I was going to ask about that. On the LMR vid for their 5 lug kit they changed the MC but left the stock booster in, at least that’s what I recall bc I was waiting to see how they changed it and they never did. How do I go about that, just loosen and pull out then get the 93 booster to wedge in?

They didn't change it because it's a PITA and they probably didn't want to deal with the backlash of buyers complaining about it. You can try the stock booster at first, and see how you like the feel. If you can legpress 1000 lbs, you might be ok with it.

I didn't find it so bad. I removed my upper intake and shifted it to the side. I also trimmed a small amount off the booster studs. Then you just need to get that sucker in there. Hardest part for me was getting the nuts back on under the dash.

Google for info on the booster install and you'll find tons of hints. I personally tried the stock booster first, didn't like it, and then put the cobra booster in and loved it.

I drilled the old holes that had studs in them and tapped them for bolts. My initial thought was to make cooling ducts that ran to the backing plates for brake cooling.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I was going to ask about that. On the LMR vid for their 5 lug kit they changed the MC but left the stock booster in, at least that’s what I recall bc I was waiting to see how they changed it and they never did. How do I go about that, just loosen and pull out then get the 93 booster to wedge in?
When I upgraded to OEM Cobra 13"/11.625" brakes, I changed my MC and booster to a 93' cobra MC and 93' cobra booster and my brakes feel perfect. This upgrade is worth every penny spent and every F bomb you'll shout while under the dash removing and installing the booster. We will be here to answer any of your questions you may have throughout your install.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I'll attest to that. It's a nice feeling coming off the highway at 80mph and barely having to touch the pedal to stop.

Key component to good brakes is good tires as wel. I'm running BFG sport comp-2s and they do a great job of holding the road during my hard braking

I have done the 5 lug swap on 6 different cars. In my opinion you MUST do the booster, otherwise you will have a hard pedal and poor braking. It actually defeats the purpose of upgrading your brakes. 93 cobra booster swap is not that bad. If you elongate the holes where the booster studs go through the firewall it will slip in no problem. You have to trust me on this. I actually have it down to where I can swap the booster in under 45 minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
I have done the 5 lug swap on 6 different cars. In my opinion you MUST do the booster, otherwise you will have a hard pedal and poor braking. It actually defeats the purpose of upgrading your brakes. 93 cobra booster swap is not that bad. If you elongate the holes where the booster studs go through the firewall it will slip in no problem. You have to trust me on this. I actually have it down to where I can swap the booster in under 45 minutes.
Truth! This is what I did.