Driveshaft bolts

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going to buy a 12mm 12point buy it in a deep socket. They are impossible to get usually. I tried Acklands, Century Vallen, and every tool and parts store in town and the only place I could get one was from Kingston Ontario. The reason I say buy such a pain in the ass is if you are using ARP main studs. If you are using the ARP main studs you will need a 12mm 12 point deep socket for where the oil pump pickup bolts to the #4 main cap. You have to have it in order to torque it to the correct specs, can't use a box end there. Buy it now, it will save you grief later. Just FYI.

No prob man. It's just one of those stupid things that you don't realize before you come upon it. Then you're stuck until you can get ahold of one stupid tool/part. Check your remote oil filter gasket too. Mine was wrecked and I had to get it from Ford, nobody stocks them here or in Calgary so it had to be ordered in from Edmonton. Obviously if you're rebuilding your motor you should change to all new gaskets, that ones just another pain to get.