Now that car is looking good with that five lug conversion. I wouldn't come out of that garage. Nice to be buffing out a car with ninty degrees out. Is that original paint, because if it is you should be able to get that car buffed to almost new. Mine is single stage with no clear

Thanks man ! How'd you know I was in here cleaning it up ? It is original paint except where the PO spray painted part of the quarter by the trunk. I checked out the back side and no evidence of a dent or anything.

The garage is coming together. Hopefully, flooring next week and furniture in August.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks man ! How'd you know I was in here cleaning it up ? It is original paint except where the PO spray painted part of the quarter by the trunk. I checked out the back side and no evidence of a dent or anything.

The garage is coming together. Hopefully, flooring next week and furniture in August.

20220723_173750.jpg

Awesome man! Car looks great!
So wishing I had AC in my garage!
I spent a half hour this morning doing Kilmat on my spare tire well and was already soaked through one t-shirt. Another day for the next half!! Lol

Awesome man! Car looks great!
So wishing I had AC in my garage!
I spent a half hour this morning doing Kilmat on my spare tire well and was already soaked through one t-shirt. Another day for the next half!! Lol

The heat and humidity sucks here in VA right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be 99°. I did break a sweat washing and waxing the car though. The coolest thing out are mini split AC units. They work great. A friend has a couple in his garage. Just need to drill a hole for the hoses to run outside. Unit mounts on the wall. I'm using a 10k btu stand up unit. I needed it when the house AC stopped working.

I have the old air handler and outside unit from the house. A friend has R22 refrigerant for me. I've got to put vacuum to it and make sure it's not leaking, clean up and por15 the condensation tray for the coil, and hard solder in a line set. At that point I'll have real heat and AC.

Got Dusty on the alignment rack at work. There's a bad vibration that starts at 65mph and gets worse. 95 north was no fun this morning. Had the balance checked on the right front and it was OK. Should've had the left front checked but thought loose tie rods and strut bolts were causing the issue.

20220728_135536.jpg

Dusty drives great now except for the damn vibration. The alignment is spot on. My OCD makes me not even want to look at my caster / camber plates. They are nowhere near symmetrical or nice and shiny looking. There are all types of marks from moving them around.

20220728_152228.jpg

It's good that it's driving straight and turning well. Glad I didn't eat the new tires up on my way to work 40 miles up 95. He made the trip without skipping a beat other than the shake.

I'm going to pull the left front and check the balance. Also, I'll be checking my driveline angles again. The shake is definitely in the steering wheel and almost none in the floor.

We shall see. All in all, it was a good day.

Reactions: 4 users
Another satisfied customer. Car came in running like crap. Fixed a couple vacuum leaks, did a base idle reset, and car runs like new. It's a very nice basically stock 89 GT owned by my friend Chris. I'll be doing the top for him soon.
Screenshot_20220801-094808_Wyze.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-095452_Wyze.jpg

The " Fox Den " is starting to take shape.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Been driving the car and it's awesome. Wish I could find another project for the baby in the back of the garage.

Screenshot_20221001-171615_Gallery.jpg

Man I love the lift pictured below. I need to order the extended arms for it...300 bucks. I did some work to a s430 Mercedes and the arms wouldn't reach the lift points. I love the fact I can easily roll it away.

Screenshot_20221001-172153_Gallery.jpg

The garage is coming together. Tape still hanging from the ceiling. Crown molding will be up there eventually. The floor is covered in spills only acetone will get up. The vinyl roll flooring and paint are also happening....one day.

The air handler is upstairs for the central heat and AC. Just need a line set and to wire it up to the old compressor 240v circuit. Oh...and to cut the vents and return in the walls.

I want the return in the back addition so the majority of dust stays out of the filter. Only issue is I don't want the outside unit on that side because a 20ft convex ( sea ) container is supposed to go over there.

Oh...and 7 trees still need to come down....and the yard needs to be graded. Who the hells idea was this...:doh: mine all mine.:bang:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
We have heat...had to get a new 100lb propane tank. Ordered a new regulator too. The old tank was from 08- 2000. Leak checked and tested our the thermostat. Last night it was 35 outside but hot enough to run you out of the garage. What temperature do you guys keep the garage ? I'm thinking about 60 degrees.

20221016_144904.jpg

The central heat and AC install is pushed back until atleast December. Just too much stuff going on.

83 and tradewinds............:cool:
LOL It was 48 this morning in Central Florida... Froze my AZZ off and we cancelled Geezer coffee. ( Only gurly men go inside in florida) For a guy who was born and lived in Oregon for 57 years, I am embarrassed at what a wuss I am to cold weather now......

• Haha