HF wheel dollies are great...but the casters come ungreased. Dry bearings don't roll easily. I fixed that issue and moved the black car off the lift, got Scarket on the lift, and Dusty tucked neatly by the wall.

20221116_125559.jpg

20221116_125654.jpg

Screenshot_20221116-220009_Wyze.jpg

I'll try to document the t5 rebuild. It's hard because a stay so busy. There are missing shims and bearings all through this thing.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

The t5 is all torn down. Carnage pictures are here. Didn't take any during the process. Maybe I'll get a gopro and a tripod for christmas....wishful thinking.

Torn down.

20221117_202530.jpg

Main shaft

20221117_202601.jpg

Second gear

20221117_203424.jpg

Second gear slider

20221117_203035.jpg

Bearing retainer

20221117_202639.jpg

Nylon stuck in reverse tension spring came from the shift fork pads.

20221117_202609.jpg

Waiting on Hanlon to get back in touch with me. I'd really want to get all the parts from 1 place in a single shipment.

Hanlon Mortorsports is great as usual. Got everything delivered except the actual rebuild kit. Recieved the cluster gear, 2nd gear, main shaft, sliders, shim kit, and bearing retainer. Synchros should be arriving this week.

Reactions: 1 user
Today is my birthday. Started out with lighting off the garage Christmas tree before taking Dusty on the 1 hour trip to work. It all worked out nice.

20221205_063308.jpg

20221205_080107.jpg

Left work early and got to spend my evening with this beautiful woman.

Screenshot_20221205_111356_Facebook.jpg

I feel very lucky to have the life I live.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 6 users
Got alot of it done tonight but I don't have any sealer. :doh:

If you ever do one make sure you press this bearing all the way on. It goes beyond the flat end.
20221216_202530.jpg

The tail housing bushing is pressed in and yoke has been test fitted.

20221216_234000.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic. I used a basic bearing race installer tool to do the bushing and the seal in the press. ( one of the bearing races came in handy for the seal ) Easy peasy :nice:

Main gear assembly is assembled.

20221216_233836.jpg

I'll get the sealer and finish it up in the AM. I was going to do a detailed run through but there are so many people with write ups and videos I really didn't feel the need.

Houston we have a problem. :mad:

There's no correct shim thickness for the counter shaft. I don't have a spare shim that fits. Usually the rebuild kit will come with an assortment of shims. Two of the shims in this kit are the same exact size. .094. Too much slop to be assembled and I'm fucd. If I can't find a shim kit that fits, and get it in my hands today, I won't be able to finish this job until after Valentines day. Wtf

This customer is going to be pissed.

20221217_125526.jpg

T5 is all back together and in the car. Charley ( the mustang owner ) was so happy he really was about to cry. His car has been down since 2014 and been through multiple flakes and bad mechanics. He drove it today further than he's been in years. This is why I do what I do. He paid me well but it's not all about the money. I really like helping folks keep their dreams alive. I didn't get any pics of the car but I'll out the pics I sent him last night.
20221217_174121.jpg

20221217_201525.jpg

He paid for the rebuild and dropped off the top seals. Wants me to straighten out his pinch welds and get the Fi Tech running a little better. Sounds like a plan.

Heather followed me out for a quick drive in Scarlet....very bad pic through the rear view mirror in Dusty.

20221218_152541.jpg

I've been researching how to make a drop down paint booth. Something that I can let down when painting and doing bodywork that will keep the paint and dust out of the garage.

Next month I have a contractor coming to give an estimate to add a second story to the garage. I'd really Ike to have an inlaw suite up there. I'm not rich though. It all depends on what it will cost.

Decided to dump the idea of putting the old Ac/Heat system from the house in there. Would be more cost effective to do mini splits.

Reactions: 5 users
Painted and reinstalled my rear lower bumper valance. I took it off when I swapped on the battery factory back bumper. I missed it being on the car. Made the square exhaust tips make sense.

20230104_210216.jpg

I really want one of those rear bumper filler things that helps with the sag. Haven't gotten around to ordering one yet.

The chill side of the garage is coming together. Still a bunch of painting and crown molding to do. I'm thinking about painting the ceiling black and changing the lighting

20230103_062426.jpg

I need a convex container but they are so dang expensive right now. They're like 3k. I remember when companies were almost giving them away for a few hundred bucks.

Reactions: 3 users
A buddy brought me one of these today. Really cool car. I've been looking for these and the hot wheels cars but have had no luck in the stores.

20230107_220246.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
The roof on Raven was detached from the ttop. Gently pulled down the headliner and fished out the support brace. Cleaned and painted it. Went to put it on with new felt and it's a total sh*t show. The felts are straight....roof is curved. The supplied adhesive doesn't hold. A whole day gone for nothing. This is a customer's car so I have to figure it out. The quality of stuff really sicks right now. I may have to make a custom solution. Smh.

Atleast the roof is fixed now.

20230113_215822.jpg

20230113_223959.jpg

20230114_105123.jpg

Had to make it a light color so it would contrast through the rivet holes.

All tightened up.
20230114_134955.jpg

I did clean and paint the strip of roof that's under the ttop frame. There was some surface rust under that edge. The roof has some other rust issues and imperfections that need attention. I didn't want to spray bomb the whole roof so I kept the repair to the unseen portion under that frame.

I'll be researching and checking around for better felt strips. Worse case scenario is I'll have to order some more, add 3m tape, and notch the back side with my dremel so it'll bend with the contour of the roof. They have aluminum inside them so they don't like curving. Makes them buckle away from the frame when riveted.

Reactions: 1 user