I put the vacuum pump and EPS on the same ignition trigger wire. Made a switch panel for those two, my fan overrides, and the WB heater and gauge.

I really do try to keep my wiring in order...but I find myself redoing and rerouting stuff everytime I touch it. No pics because the spaghetti is embarrassing. When I first put the dash back in and ran the wires for the gauges and the mspnp2 I didn't label them. Every time I go under the dash I have to attempt to trace wires and find where they went. Thats about to be over today or tomorrow. I saw a nice covered fuse box at the local parts store. I'm mapping the circuits now. Smh

Oh how I love electrical work. :ack:

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I know how you feel, I started to use cables for sensors rather than loose wiring for this reason.

I am so used to doing control work where we only use red wire for everything... hundreds of wires the same color, you get good at tracing. use some tape and label each one for usage or buy a cheap label maker.

I know how you feel, I started to use cables for sensors rather than loose wiring for this reason.

I am so used to doing control work where we only use red wire for everything... hundreds of wires the same color, you get good at tracing. use some tape and label each one for usage or buy a cheap label maker.

I've been using masking tape to make tabs on my wires. I do use different colors for stuff but the only colors available are red, blue, green, yellow,and black. Batt power is red...ground is black...lights are white....generally. I also have been using colored tape to tag wires for systems...white vacuum pump, blue for fans, yellow for fog lights, etc. Because most everything I do uses grounds to trigger relays it becomes complicated. With all the gauges and switches...line lock...and nitrous stuff, still there incase I want to blow it all up, it gets overwhelming.

I've been using a label maker. Works great and if you get the laminated tape its water proof and fade proof. Also it doesn't tear easy.

Attachments

• BF17B5F2-D5D5-4CC6-9541-DFAC4508E6A0.jpeg
    BF17B5F2-D5D5-4CC6-9541-DFAC4508E6A0.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 1 user
This is where I'm at today....and I'm done for the night.

FYI... this is an unused ignition positive spot in the ignition switch. A regular female spade terminal fits in there perfect. I've been using this spot for years in all my foxes.

20210115_003250.jpg

This is where I stopped. It's taken a lot to get here. All my wires for the pillar gauges and line lock stuff were redone. Bullet connectors were added so each circuit can be pulled out independently without causing a fire. Before this I'd have to cut wires to remove or add anything. Now stuff can be added or removed without issues. A bunch of stuff is rewired. I picked up a cheap 5 bay fuse block and just need to install it and wrap up the wires. The biggest headache are the wideband wires. The cables are like 4 feet too long. Once the small stuff is out of the way they'll get neatly tucked away.

20210115_003302.jpg

The tabs will get rolled around the wires and fit nicely in the wire wrap.

....did I say how much I love wiring....

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
I need to do the same. It only works on full bright. I read somewhere of a person using a wire wheel on a dremel to clean the contacts and get it fully functional.

ps. Thanks for the tip on the ignition hot!

Night is over for me finally. Still got to get in the passenger side wiring tomorrow. Not measly as bad as this mess.

20210115_213535.jpg

20210115_214820.jpg

Everything has its path now.

20210115_235639.jpg

I'll do something aboutvthe little wires you can still see at a later date. After fixing the passenger side I won't want to see any wiring for at least a year.

Goodnite folks.

Reactions: 6 users
Radio harness freshened up and rest of the wires secure. Everything works just like it should.

Checked the 90° filter adapter last night and noticed it wasn't sitting flush ( glad I checked before starting the car ). I had to remove it and cut the locating tab off. It's just a little aluminum point but it was keeping it from sitting flush. I removed the adapter and cut that thing off. 90psi oil pressure and no leaks from there.

However, my dang thermostat housing is leaking again. PITA. Normal mustang stuff. It needs to come off anyways 'cause those bolts have gotten a little rusty. Time to do the torch and oil trick again.

I forgot to post the way I did the EPS pump bolts. Just cut some 3/8ths line that was used for my PS return line and made inserts for the Volvo bushings. Ended up needing to be 7/8ths long. They allowed just the right amount of squish on the bushings without crushing them. Vibration is isolated.

20210116_144404.jpg

20210116_144507.jpg

Should have a matching Tach for the rest of my gauges soon. Need to order an overflow tank and some other bits and pieces. I'll mess with the some other stuff while I wait.

Reactions: 2 users
Got a couple things done today. The first thing was insulating the brackets that hold the bottom of the cobra bumper. I said I was going to do this 4 years ago and here it is.

20210117_172427.jpg

They hook around the tubular lower radiator support. They look a little more professional now. Lol.

The second thing was making a bracket to hold the center of the wiring harness in front of the condenser. Took a little thinking and bent some metal up and fixed that bugger right on up.

20210117_223022.jpg

Here's where it goes.

20210117_223223.jpg

Finished product. Wire is nicely tucked away. No more droopy droop. No holes drilled.

20210117_223507.jpg

That's it for tonight.

Had a great cruise around the block. Just a few more things and it'll be done. No....I'm lyin' it'll never be done unless I'm in the dirt.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey..where'd my Mustang Master tag go ? Oh thats right, it went away when my stroke caused my mind to go nuts. Those times sucked. I'm so glad to have some of my clarity back.

Anyway ol'chaps we accomplished something else today. This was after the parts store didn't have any thermostat gaskets in stock at any of my local stores...are our engines really getting that old ? I ended up buying a roll of gasket fiber. I'll make my own dang gaskets. It sucks to have to wait for 75mm TB gaskets. I have a couple but now I can make my own if needed.

I haven't done what I did today in a very long time...at least since 2006.

Remember that I broke my antenna ? Well, I did like an idiot...but saved the day. Years ago I used to modify stock brackets to accept those el cheapo universal antenna replacements. I got this one for 6 bucks.

Here's what all the stuff looks like taken apart.

20210118_184735.jpg

You chop that bottom part of the factory antenna off and grind the bottom of the square part almost flush. The plastic center piece will fall out.

20210118_185523.jpg

You then drill that part out so the threaded part of the replacement can fit inside it. Half that replacement stuff won't be used.

20210118_190718.jpg

That little notched part was irritating me so I found some grommets I had laying around to fill the space.

Here's the finished product. I was kinda getting tired of the wire whip anyway. Had one of those window mounted electric ones in a previous mustang...hated that thing. Doesn't look half bad to me.

20210118_191030.jpg

20210118_192205.jpg

The plus side is that now I can remove the antenna and take the fender off without worrying about breaking it again or removing the radio and feeding the wire out.

Fender is just sitting on the car. The factory base will be painted before its a permanent feature. When I first started working on cars I used to replace them with the whole universal kit but it always looked crappy. I've modified them to look stock on tons of cars. The power antennas can be mounted here too but takes making a bracket that bolts to the inner fender structure area. I ain't doin' that. If I catch someone with a power antenna on their fox fender you'll get the Twisted Tea treatment...LOL ( we used to power antenna everything )

View: https://youtu.be/0bcZyZ-YTwg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
No new stuff. All this work caught up to me...I took a break today.

Here's a pick of my lower bumper mounts installed.

20210119_205316.jpg

Might tinker tomorrow after work. If I'm not drunk. I'm not going to get political I just pray for this country over the next 4 years. This place is getting ridiculous.