FedEx and UPS both mixed up deliveries this week. UPS delivered to the wrong address and fixed it by 9 PM. FedEx dropped off someone else’s package. The truck arrived back to swap packages as I was FB messaging the intended recipient after not finding her in the phone book. And on Nov 1 of all days, USPS gave us one neighbor’s Dish network bill, and the neighbor to the other side was out trying to find out where someone else on the street lives to give him his mail. Ring cameras will help with porch pirates, but not overloaded and substitute delivery workers.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

This flywheel thing has me scratching my head. Looking at it and comparing to other flywheels of the same type it appears to be 28oz weight on it. The rotating assembly was balanced by the builder and I have no idea if they removed material from the flywheel to help tighten the balance up. Build was too long ago for them to give me any info.

I've got one hope at a machine shop near me. Called today and he said 75 for Good Friday. Eubanks Automotive in Woodford, VA. They have an decent reputation. If everything works out they may be getting my 306 heads and block for a freshen up...hone and bearings. Then the plan for the Dart block can develop.

Reactions: 1 user
.....I forgot to put the MM IRS tie rod ends on the car. Was really pushing to have it done Saturday for the last big meet up of my racing crew. Guess I have the winter to get it all together. Ordering the rear coilover shocks soon.

I have learned that if I give myself a set timeline to try and have a project on the car done by.. I will never meet that schedule
Its good to have a schedule to add drive to the project, but the important part is to roll with the punches if it doesn't. The biggest thing is to reschedule for the next timeline, so you have something to work toward. If not, the project can linger on and on...

I have learned that if I give myself a set timeline to try and have a project on the car done by.. I will never meet that schedule
Its good to have a schedule to add drive to the project, but the important part is to roll with the punches if it doesn't. The biggest thing is to reschedule for the next timeline, so you have something to work toward. If not, the project can linger on and on...

I try to keep a schedule but it rarely works out. I just keep hacking away at it. My front bumper was supposed to be complete years ago...oh well. Its waiting until later. Had to change my focus to things that will make the car drive....pretty comes later. That'll be another year long project in itself.

Depending on how fast the machine shop gets my flywheel back I could have it back on the ground Sunday.

Its amazing how much small stuff pushes back time lines. Smh

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I got the flywheel back today. Seems like a great little machine shop. Turn around isn't that bad right now.

20201127_162910.jpg

Unfortunately, I won't have it done this weekend. Gotta run to my farm tomorrow. Working on some more of my Dads stuff. I think he's doing stuff just to get me down there. I'm also about to purchase 38 more acres and a rental house. Its adjoining to my current 78. Sunday I've got to pick one of the kiddos up from Maryland. It'll be a busy weekend. This is how I have 45k on my 19 mustang. Thats what I bought it for though. It gets me where I've got to go.

Reactions: 4 users
Tons of room!!!

My Dads farm is a decent size...he's got room for all types of crap...including another tractor and all types of implements for them all. Some of them are 50 years old. He used to maintain everything but I guess the two hip surgeries and all the years are starting to catch up. He's still messing with it all but it's taking longer and longer to get it done.

My dad is 89 and lives by himself in Corpus Christi. My sister lives nearby so she has been getting his groceries but he goes to doctors appts by himself. My brother and I went and brought him up to my brother's place in Heber Springs, AR. It's been since last Xmas that I saw him. He looks 10 year older. He has trouble getting around. I don't think he can go much longer on his own. It's tough see your old man actually become a frail old man. He could fix anything when I was a kid. I hope your dad is able to get around and "piddle" as my dad says.
It's good to keep the mind occupied.

Today is my birthday. All I wanted to do this weekend is work on Dusty. Even forgot that my birthday was this weekend until my old lady told me not to be in the garage after 5 today. She cooked me shrimp pasta. I enjoyed it.

Tomorrow I was told to be done by 12 noon. She's got people coming for my birthday....but when does what I want matter.

Anyways, pulled the passenger header off because I found a leak. Apparently, the oil leak at the back of the valve cover burned the high temp from between the header and the head. No big deal since I had to tear it all apart anyway.

20201205_175421.jpg

Picked up a birthday gift for myself this morning. Its the little things, ya know...

20201205_175412.jpg

For those that don't know....its the little angle finder stuck to my rotor.

Reactions: 2 users