• Sponsors(?)

Foxslider

im not that much of a idiot
Oct 25, 2019
Houston, TX
Hey, whats up on the driveshaft safety loop. I'll scoop it from you. I dont mind putting holes in my floor for better piece of mind. Lol

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I just talked to Stifflers. In order to use their driveshaft loop you have to cut a boss off of the TKO. Its the torque arm boss for gm cars. I really don't want to do that because who knows what this thing may end up in. When I get the transmission I'll figure it out.

The main reason I'm even thinking about it is because my driveshaft was damaged about 10 years ago. There's a groove in it that I worry about. If the driveshaft breaks it'll come apart at the groove and could do some bad things. It hasn't happened yet and I used to beat the hell out of it. I don't want to buy another one because I had this one shortened. Oh decisions.....

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I've got a buddy that owns a shop called Pop Pops Garage in LaPlata MD. I'm going to get him to weld hangers on the front section of the exhaust and make me a driveshaft loop that doesn't interfere with that boss on the TKO...gotta see what it looks like once the transmission is in the car.

This is the reason I call this car Dusty. This area was cleaned when I put the IRS in. Hasn't been driven on any dirt roads. This Indiana dust saved this car from rust....but its got to go.

20201010_204324.jpg

I was doing a reinstall of my rear view camera. The picture was really grainy especially with the car running...the camera itself was bad ( out of some random chrysler ). The new camera is from a 16 Silverado and way clearer.

20201010_204337.jpg

Thats a switch mounting bracket cut up and turned backwards to get a downward angle.

Here's the picture....

20201010_210400.jpg

Trunk lid wasn't closed all the way. Need to adjust it down just a tad. Not that I really need it but its there and looks good to me.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I need one that I can face forward and use for machine gun sights. :chin
It'll work for that too. Always wanted fenders that popped open with paint ball guns behind them. Would be great for the slow folks in the fast lane. :uzi:

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
It'll work for that too. Always wanted fenders that popped open with paint ball guns behind them. Would be great for the slow folks in the fast lane. :uzi:
I'm thinking of a retractable paintball mini-gun. :O_o:

One that fires fast enough to make it sound like all hell is breaking loose and enough ammo to paint the broad side of a school bus. :D

A tank and engine-driven air pump shouldn't be too awful difficult. :shrug:

View: https://youtu.be/ohxTzlZGHhg?t=7

Foxslider

im not that much of a idiot
Oct 25, 2019
Houston, TX
Without major work and ingenuity, thats not easy to pull off. Obviously. Particularly, you gotta cut and hinge part of the fenders, set up electric motors, more hinges. I mean it aint crazy engineering. Could def. be done. And really, that would be pretty badass.

Now could roof mount something. Like a plastic hollow version.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Done and done....8 hours later. Bob at Hanlon is awesome. Got the trans...bell....clutch...shifter...TKO 600 w/mods...Stiffler cross member...and spacer kit.

20201017_153423.jpg

20201017_154257.jpg

Coil overs and hood lifts are next....

Taking a break to work on the Taurus transmission but can't wait to get this stuff installed.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Just got back from my farm...this is what I spent all day doing on my fathers 02 Dodge.

20201018_114858.jpg

20201018_113610.jpg

Thats my Dad and one of my sons.

His bed is as collapsing and major rust around wheel wells. He's going to clean and por 15 the frame...and I'm going to go back and cut the rust out of the bed and do the body work.

We got angle iron to weld on the braces but the bottom rail needs 3x3 angle. He had a guy fix some rust on the sides years ago but the idiot put spray foam as a backer for the bondo. I'll fix it so he gets another 5 years out of it. Its too far gone for more than that. It'll get a stake body at that point.