Remember to use that shrinking hammer after you have heated the bumper. It's not like metal, it's much more "springy" than metal. It'll bounce back more unless it has been heated.

I never asked, what color do you intend for dusty?

• Sponsors (?)

Remember to use that shrinking hammer after you have heated the bumper. It's not like metal, it's much more "springy" than metal. It'll bounce back more unless it has been heated.

I never asked, what color do you intend for dusty?
Scarlet red....the factory color with some form of silver metallic. SEM black moldings and trim with bronze wheels - 18s. The lower bumpers will be scarlet red too. Trying to keep it simple.

Id use a newer color if its close enough to not have to paint the jambs.

Reactions: 1 user
Scarlet red....the factory color with some form of silver metallic. SEM black moldings and trim with bronze wheels - 18s. The lower bumpers will be scarlet red too. Trying to keep it simple.

Id use a newer color if its close enough to not have to paint the jambs.
Might I suggest toyota's 3r1. That's the color I used on Doby. one day I'll finish Doby, I just have to take care of a bastard relative that really doesn't own a vehicle that he says he's selling to me. It is a beautiful color that doesn't require the work of a three stage.

Reactions: 1 users
I sold my Astro van tonite. I'll kind of miss that van. Thought I was going to keep it for a while but oh well !!!

Can't wait to dig into tuner studio.
[emoji2]

Reactions: 3 users
Took the first step towards tuning this car.
uploadfromtaptalk1474496881982.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
have you watched my videos yet? I walk you thru the software its a little lengthy but will help a lot.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNNVAdtl07I

I need CID- injector size and estimated hp tq

Thanx for the vids. I know what I'll be doing lunch time tomorrow. [emoji106]

Its 331- 42lb injectors... motor should be around 400 na. Comp cam xe282hr cam TW 185 heads, ported holley systemax, 75mm TB.... calculations say around 380- low 400hp. Trying to keep it under 500hp with 6- 7psi.

This will be a street car....will never hook at the track.

You'll be limited with the 42# inj. Probably around 450rwhp and rpm limited(you'll flatline the powerband with lack of fuel). Just a fwiw
They handle more then that NA.

I made 435 at the tire with them with a blower .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

You'll be limited with the 42# inj. Probably around 450rwhp and rpm limited(you'll flatline the powerband with lack of fuel). Just a fwiw
450rwhp is all I want. This car will probably never see full output. If I could keep it tuned about 450 it would be great.

Lack of fuel means lean....bad juju. Right now, I have no plans to max this car out.

Rpm limited... I'm limited by the block, trans, and rear axles too. Lol. I just want to be able to drive this thing.

I've been in the 10s before in the quarter and don't have the time, money, or will to do that again. Smh

Right now I can't squeeze another 300 bucks and I've got to get this car moving by winter. With 4 kids and being the supporter I've overstepped my budget. The next 6 months will be very tight.

450rwhp is all I want. This car will probably never see full output. If I could keep it tuned about 450 it would be great.

Lack of fuel means lean....bad juju. Right now, I have no plans to max this car out.

Rpm limited... I'm limited by the block, trans, and rear axles too. Lol. I just want to be able to drive this thing.

I've been in the 10s before in the quarter and don't have the time, money, or will to do that again. Smh

Right now I can't squeeze another 300 bucks and I've got to get this car moving by winter. With 4 kids and being the supporter I've overstepped my budget. The next 6 months will be very tight.
The nice thing about tuning with the megasquirt is that we can set your base fuel pressure at anything so if you jack it up to 50 and use that as base instead of 40 you now have 50 pound injectors. I'm not sure what fuel pump you use but a walbro gss 250lph hp is what you want.

I've got a 340lph pump and a Kirban regulator. I was going to attempt 45psi...figured that would get me close.

You're " the man " with this stuff. I wouldn't doubt your advise at all. I want 60 pounders but the 42s were almost free.

If you set up a base for me I can pull it off your thread...that way it can be there if someone else needs it. My combo is pretty common.

@a91what

Last edited:
You shouldn't have any problems with going lean with a low boost set up. At least I don't think so. Lol. Seriously if you're keeping it boost limited/rpm limited(due to your stated limitations) everything should work in relative harmony. I have just heard a rumor that boost is addictive though. ;)

@a91what (Steve) will get you setup.

ok @90sickfox here is a tune for you to start with. This is literally my tune from my car I have 50lb injectors so set your fuel pressure to 47-55lbs this range will work. You will still need to do your sensor calibration from the tools menu.... if you would like I am free this weekend PM me for details a lot easier over the phone.

Attachments

• sending @90sickfox a tune rev.1.msq
    112.9 KB · Views: 105
ok @90sickfox here is a tune for you to start with. This is literally my tune from my car I have 50lb injectors so set your fuel pressure to 47-55lbs this range will work. You will still need to do your sensor calibration from the tools menu.... if you would like I am free this weekend PM me for details a lot easier over the phone.
Great man....I've calmed down now. Lol. OK I'll PM you this weekend. Thanks

:rlaugh: We do all of that on purpose. [emoji38]

Ok, not really. :notnice:

Maybe :O_o:

No really, I'll look into it but ummmmm... Did you figure out your password? You must have unless you cranked out 900+ post very quickly.
Nope...didn't figure it out. Tapatalk works on my phone.

Figure I need to go to the link in my email through my computer and not my phone....duh....probably would help a bit.

In my house the only time I get left alone is when I'm outside....or pissed off. Can't really concentrate with 4 kids, a wife, and 2 chihuahuas in a glorified double wide.