I'm a lot calmer now... Everyone else is asleep. There is no peace in my house until everyone is laying down.[emoji19] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji190] [emoji190]

Can someone pray to the house with a garage god for me ? I'll be good....I promise [emoji83]

Steve helped me fix my mental glitch with tunerstudio.....right click is your friend. Smh

I was just venting. Yes, grown men do have temper tantrums.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanx @a91what..... I'm doing my homework, man !

Tunerstudio is great. Its amazing how much this thing can do. If I guy like me can catch on just about anyone can do it.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my tips in the mail....now I've got to get some 2.5in. stainless exhaust pipe...
uploadfromtaptalk1474741607582.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Something like this...
uploadfromtaptalk1474741865660.jpg

They'll be tig welded on....or clamped. I've even been thinking about mounting them to the bumper and having the tail pipe sit inside them ( like newer cars ). Either way, there's no way I'm using the cheesy bolts and brackets that came with these things. Don't want to damage a corvette windshield when I blow past'em. Lol

Reactions: 3 users
A very smart guy here told me to buy the metal breather for a dodge 5.2.... At the time I couldn't find one so I bought the cheap plastic elbo ( for a dodge ). Well, that didn't work out...
uploadfromtaptalk1474744373011.jpg

That hole is also my oil fill hole. One tug and CRACK !!!!

So I found the one I needed originally....way better. Its even got a filter inside of it.

Lesson 99999....listen to smart people the first time ;smack !!
uploadfromtaptalk1474744517408.jpg

A very smart guy here told me to buy the metal breather for a dodge 5.2.... At the time I couldn't find one so I bought the cheap plastic elbo ( for a dodge ). Well, that didn't work out...
uploadfromtaptalk1474744373011.jpg

That hole is also my oil fill hole. One tug and CRACK !!!!

So I found the one I needed originally....way better. Its even got a filter inside of it.

Lesson 99999....listen to smart people the first time ;smack !!
uploadfromtaptalk1474744517408.jpg

you get the cookie.

it only takes me 3-5 lessons to get it right.
it takes you 100 thousand times?

i feel much better about the hood now.

Reactions: 4 users
Today I found a guy that has 2010 gt wheels and tires for 350 bucks. He even drove over and let me try them on the car.

Man they looked good !!! He even had hub centric spacers for the front.

The only downfall is I'm going to have to get longer studs. ARP has it covered.

Made a little progress in the rain. Met with the guy that had the wheels, spacers, and tires. They're waiting to go back on dusty. Found out Pep Boys has long ARP wheel studs for 20 bucks.... I just need corrosion resistant rotors and some decent pads and we'll be in business.
uploadfromtaptalk1475194266987.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1475194285785.jpg

Now, just to restate, I'm not into spacers. These wheels are just for kickin around. Even though they are legal in a lot of racing sanctions I'm not "gung ho" about spacers....especially in the rear.

Jeeesh...it was raining cats and dogs around here !

The rain cleared up and gave me time to put the wheels on and take advantage of a photo opportunity.

These are the old non matching 17's. 17x8 with 45mm in rear... 17x8j in the front.
uploadfromtaptalk1475362271645.jpg

18x8.5 50mm front and rear. The front has a 13mm spacer...rear has an 8mm spacer. Lug studs haven't been done yet. Just wanted to see how it looked.
uploadfromtaptalk1475362530913.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1475362558544.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1475362569285.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1475362399380.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Look at all the extra wheels for the ranger you have :) lol

Lol- good job buddy-cause honestly that looks scary as hell to me ...
It's really not that bad once you understand it. You sorta fiddle with settings until they make sense.... then watch a few of my videos.... then tons of messages on the help thread.... then your doing the voodoo black magic chicken bone.

Ordered front and rear brake pads, rotors, and wheel studs today. It'll probably be weekend after next before I get to put them on. [emoji19]

Going with the wife to a rockabilly car show this weekend. Its put on by a club called Karb Kings in Fredericksburg, VA. Last year it was pretty nice. Hot rods everywhere.

Scored a Sony xplode 1200 watt amp for free. Now I've got something to power the sub in Dusty. Still need to get rear deck speakers and door speakers. So much to do. Smh

Today I start smoothing the front bumper transition. Hope the bondo dynaflex holds up @Davedacarpainter.

Gosh dangit !!!! Can't do nuffin' !!!

Their talking about rain this weekend...so the car show may be rained out. It sucks because a lot of hot rods around here don't have side glass.

On a brighter note... The studs have arrived !!!! Sorry gentleman from the other side of the tracks...not those studs, my wheel studs. The brakes and rotors are still on the way.
uploadfromtaptalk1475627133387.jpg

Just a heads up for Marylanders that don't know. Maryland has a new tag that I'm really digging. Think I'll have to get regular tags for my car since I'm in an emissions free county. [emoji106]
uploadfromtaptalk1475627122401.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1475627158312.jpg

I've been trying to tidy up some things around the house for this storm that may come through here. The car had to wait for the rest of the bumper treatment. The filler doesn't like rainy days or foggy mornings.

The brake purchase was my first one on eBay. A couple friends recommended "eline" brakes from R1concepts. Y'all just don't know how hard it was for me to push that " Buy" button.

Guess we'll see how this works out. I've got to head over to LMR for a bunch of weatherstrip and carpet. Can't wait to finally have this thing done. [emoji12]

Back to Dusty. The sun is out so I installed the front studs in the hubs. I used a deep Snap On socket 18mm and a little sludge hammer. They fit perfect.
Edit; I screwed one up using the wrong socket. The threads are fixed now. Looks like crapola but a little black paint will fix it up.
uploadfromtaptalk1476038668876.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1476038705755.jpg
When the rotors and brakes come in I'll tackle the rear.

Down in the Tidewater area, where my farm is, the water table is only 3ft down. Its a bunch of swamps down there, too. My Dad and uncles say there's no need for me to run down there. My house is fine...and all the equipment is OK. The hogs are loving it.

If y'all haven't figured it out by now....I'm a little nuts.

I just don't like standing by and seeing people struggle. I also don't like when the people we depend on for good info are wrong. Guess they're just human like us.

I'm still sending prayers to the people out there that have lost so much. No one ever really expects the worse, so please prepare... no matter what ! And don't be an idiot. [emoji106]

Yay guys !..... My rotors and pads came in. The rotors and pads are correct for an 04 cobra. Quality is pretty good. I could even tell someone checked the boxes to double check the parts. I'm happy, so far. [emoji2]

Let's see how it goes when I put them on.
uploadfromtaptalk1476224645274.jpg

What brand rotors are those? I need some new ones as mine look like poop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're eline brakes and rotors from ebay. They're sold buy r1concepts. They were recommended to me...I know a few guys that ordered brakes and rotors from them....no problems yet.

Reactions: 1 users