My middle son has moved with me from Maryland. I'm overjoyed. He's an amazing, soon to be, 17 year old. The 2019 may be getting sold and a F450 may mysteriously pop up in my driveway.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Almost there.

20210403_233809.jpg

20210403_235147.jpg

Drove Dusty today with no hood. Had 3 guys offer me 10k....one owns a body shop and had his wife with him. She said the car sounded better than his bike. He gave me his number and offered me 10k. Another guy has a 01 real supercharged cobra convertible that's in great shape with a 04 front bumper. The engine runs but has low compression on a couple cylinders. Block has been built in 16 and has all paperwork. He also just got the t56 rebuilt and upgraded by Hanlon. This guy is offering me trade plus some cash.

These pics are blurry and screen shots from the running video he sent me. I'm really going to have to think on this one.

Screenshot_20210404-000821_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-000802_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-000749_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-000739_Video Player.jpg

It's a very nice looking car with all paperwork. I'm really wondering if a trade and 5k would get it done.

Edit; who am I kidding. I'd regret every day that Dusty was gone. I'm going to have to pull some cash from somewhere.
I missed the week’s progress. The top primer photo looks like a replacement metal hood.

Reactions: 1 user
Well guys no f450 dually. Couldn't get the old lady to agree to me running cars on the weekends. Can't win all the battles. It had 185k on a diesel 6.4L. Ran and drove well but not the most reliable thing. Replacement engine is 7k without labor or other parts and pieces. Plus, it would've taken up my whole dang driveway.

The thing had a sunroof and all the bells and whistles.

Screenshot_20210412-100505_Chrome.jpg

I am in the process of buying a 2012 f150 super cab with 4 wheel drive though. It's a 2012 but has low mileage. The 19 mustang ecoboost is back to completely stock and selling at 20k with 51k on the clock. Getting me out of paying another 28k on the loan. My auto stuff was almost getting in the way of me buying some real estate with a good rate.

Screenshot_20210413-021343_Chrome.jpg

See, I'm not rich after all. Debt to income ratio is a real thing....who woulda' thunk it.

I'll talk her into a diesel f450 King Ranch in a couple years.

Looked at a f250 super crew cab with the 6.2 gas engine. It was nice but had 20 thousand more on the price tag.

This 3.7 is known to get over 300,000 miles on them without major work. It'll take the trash and pull a car on a dolly or open car trailer.

Last edited:
imag0767_31d01bfe07456ff8199307f9fe4dc032888c77be.jpg
imag1154_b568b122422d90b09765a84b6fb0ecccd1f31e8e.jpg

our-truck-truck-pics-thread-img_20160807_092746601.jpg

I wasn't BS'in in my review of the 12th-gen F150 when I said the 3.7 was a BEAST for towing. I still stand by my statement that towing is all that powertrain combination was great at (3.7/6R80/3.73). It got horrible gas mileage empty on the highway (my V8, full-time-four-wheel-drive, with one fewer gear in the transmission, and lower gears in the diffs 4Runner matches it!!!!), and was a pig for a daily driver, but putting a load behind it and hitting the "tow/haul" button put that truck in its happy place.

Did you end up with a 3.7 in the new truck?

Yes I did. 3.7 with tow package and 4wd.

This actually makes me think even more that I made the right decision.

Looks like I need to weld rockers and cab corners on " Black Bastard ". It's some bubbling going on and I want to get it the rust out before its too late. I'm sure one spot is a hole...its pretty soft. Also, I want new headlights and some fog lights. New tires would be nice, too.

Pulled the aftermarket double din because the drivers door speaker kept going in and out. The wiring was terrible. I'm surprised it worked at all. Fixed it up by cutting out the loose but connectors and soldered them and wrapped them in heat shrink. The wires were all different lengths and looked like crap so I made it look like a harness is supposed to be.

Truck runs and drives excellent. 4wd is flawless. Drove the trails to the food plots. There were a few mud holes I got to play in.

This truck is going to take up some of my time. I'll try to keep things going with Dusty as well. Basically, just tires and an alignment away from real cruising.

Well there's been a name change. The trucks name is " Black Betty ".

Someone hit her with a car hauler trailer yesterday. New bumper and all the plastics on their way. Ordered new headlights, fog lights, tailgate assist, and rear camera. Cutting out good rockers Saturday and should have that stuff done in the next couple weeks. Going to do a 2 inch leveling kit and new tires....probably 33s. Chrome grille is growing on me but I'm really liking the raptor inspired black grille with marker lights.

20210427_120409.jpg

• Surprised
Black Betty has some new stuff. Hurts my heart that Dusty is on the back burner a few more weeks.

20210501_221952.jpg

When my job fixes the front bumper all this stuff will go on.

Black Betty made me 370.00 this weekend so that's a plus. Nice to have something making money instead of taking it. Even though my left rear wheel almost fell off on 95 south while doing 75mph Friday.

Yes, the wheel almost flew the hell off. The worthless mechanic at the dealership I bought the truck from did the brakes and rotors but left a dry stuck caliper pin on the left front. I fixed that issue and noticed the lugs on that wheel were torqued uneven. Being the Master tech that I am, the torque wrench was brought out and I torqued that one wheel. Stupid.

Friday on my way home from work I noticed a vibration at around 70 mph. From the " seat of the pants feel " I could tell it was the left rear. That's when I noticed all the traffic was way back behind me. Not normal for the folks I usually have the joy of sharing the highway with. My curious mind tells me to tilt the mirror down so I can see the tire.

That tire was wobbling in and out a good 1/2 inch. When I slowed down for a traffic jam I noticed the now pronounced rear end wobble....followed by the thump and creak of a wheel getting ready to let loose. This thing has regular lug nuts on aftermarket rims and a regular lug wrench or socket won't fit. The socket I ground down to fit is on my torque wrench....in my garage 30 miles away.

I call the ole lady to tell her what's going on and that I'm about to risk it all. Crawling, with 10 mph traffic, I slowly and carefully head for an off ramp 2 miles away. When I finally found a gas station to stop at one of my studs had already broken off and the other 5 lug nuts where finger tight. The mechanic at that gas station was nice enough to let me use his tools. I managed to get them tight enough with a 3/8th ratchet. Once I got home all the lug nuts were torqued properly. Still haven't replaced the lug nut but, luckily, the other studs and nuts seem fine. I still plan to replace them all at some point this week. Just need to let things simmer down so I can prepare myself for if the lug nut holes have been egged out. I don't even want to know right now. I'll keep an eye on the torque of that wheel and hope it lasts till payday.

• Wow
  • Surprised
Reactions: 2 users
Black Betty has some new stuff. Hurts my heart that Dusty is on the back burner a few more weeks.

20210501_221952.jpg

When my job fixes the front bumper all this stuff will go on.

Black Betty made me 370.00 this weekend so that's a plus. Nice to have something making money instead of taking it. Even though my left rear wheel almost fell off on 95 south while doing 75mph Friday.

Yes, the wheel almost flew the hell off. The worthless mechanic at the dealership I bought the truck from did the brakes and rotors but left a dry stuck caliper pin on the left front. I fixed that issue and noticed the lugs on that wheel were torqued uneven. Being the Master tech that I am, the torque wrench was brought out and I torqued that one wheel. Stupid.

Friday on my way home from work I noticed a vibration at around 70 mph. From the " seat of the pants feel " I could tell it was the left rear. That's when I noticed all the traffic was way back behind me. Not normal for the folks I usually have the joy of sharing the highway with. My curious mind tells me to tilt the mirror down so I can see the tire.

That tire was wobbling in and out a good 1/2 inch. When I slowed down for a traffic jam I noticed the now pronounced rear end wobble....followed by the thump and creak of a wheel getting ready to let loose. This thing has regular lug nuts on aftermarket rims and a regular lug wrench or socket won't fit. The socket I ground down to fit is on my torque wrench....in my garage 30 miles away.

I call the ole lady to tell her what's going on and that I'm about to risk it all. Crawling, with 10 mph traffic, I slowly and carefully head for an off ramp 2 miles away. When I finally found a gas station to stop at one of my studs had already broken off and the other 5 lug nuts where finger tight. The mechanic at that gas station was nice enough to let me use his tools. I managed to get them tight enough with a 3/8th ratchet. Once I got home all the lug nuts were torqued properly. Still haven't replaced the lug nut but, luckily, the other studs and nuts seem fine. I still plan to replace them all at some point this week. Just need to let things simmer down so I can prepare myself for if the lug nut holes have been egged out. I don't even want to know right now. I'll keep an eye on the torque of that wheel and hope it lasts till payday.
Some people suck. Some people cool. It just seems that it takes 3 cool to offset 1 douche bag these days!