• Sponsors (?)

Yeah...well....thats not going to happen. He wants too much from me. Went from 2500 to 7k for a car that does need work. The front and rear bumpers are twisted ( that wasn't like that last time I saw the car ) and the tail lights are melted. I had forgotten that when the fire happened at my shop the car was parked on the back wall. There's also some rust in the floors, rear quarters, and the roof was caved and popped back up. For under 4k I'd be all over it. He rebuilds cars and flips them.

Oh well. There are some restoration dealerships around that have them for between 12k and 25k fully restored. This is a true 289 car though. I'd love to have it but it ain't happenin' today.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
...another adventure. Supposed to be a 60k original unmolested 86.

13435.jpeg

We'll see how this works out this weekend. This one will be hers. I kinda started something with all the Dusty revert stuff. Her 82 GT is gone so on to the next.

Reactions: 6 users
Picked up a " Master Tow " tow dolly today. 300 bucks and I can't complain. It'll get stored under my back deck when I'm not using it. I have a feeling a few more cars are in my future. Ran into the guy with the 49 Plymouth again ( the really clean black one ). I actually saw the car again today. He's done a bit more so the price is still a bargain at around 4.5k. I need to find some cars to flip to feed my addiction.

• Hell Yeah!
I don't think that hood is the original 86.

I think that hood is off of an 83 and somebody stuck a 5.0 badge on it for effect.

1626490900442.png
I saw that, too. I won't know how much has been done until the AM. He says it's unmolested but the hood says something different. I would want the GT hood decal and the 5.0 where it's supposed to be....but it isn't my car so the Mrs. has to make that call.

I saw that, too. I won't know how much has been done until the AM. He says it's unmolested but the hood says something different. I would want the GT hood decal and the 5.0 where it's supposed to be....but it isn't my car so the Mrs. has to make that call.
Molested or unmolested, I'd keep that hood if it is in good shape. It's one of my favs. :)

Reactions: 1 user
The hood had a nice dent in it on the right corner. The cowl had a fight with a dent puller. ( I hate when people do that ).

Other than that...its home. It's got 80k original miles. Looks like it to me. Interior is clean...and it has the smiley face wheel.

I would post pictures but for some reason it's saying they are all too large.

Factory plug wires.

20210717_133128.jpg

Factory everything except the amp wire on the drivers side.

20210717_133122.jpg

I did find some dings while washing.

• Love
Interior....
20210717_162923.jpg

I like the wood grain better.

I'll be starting a new thread for this one when she makes a name for it.

Interior....
20210717_162923.jpg

Quiz.
I like the wood grain better.quiz.

I'll be starting a new thread for this one when she makes a name for it.
Even though it’s Faux wood, I kind of liked it, too. And it’s not out of place in the G. Marquis. The graph paper looks appropriately 1980’s (Tron, etc.). Are they making new padded dash tops for the 4-eyes?

I was surprised to see that there were 4000 more 86 LX cars made than GT cars. I don't think there are a ton of them left. I've seen a lot more GT verts than LX still around.

Those louvers (if they are the metal ones) are like gold to some folks.

Though I like your 83 hood, you might want to look around and see if you can find an OEM 86 hood (depending on your engine plans, of course).

Even though it’s Faux wood, I kind of liked it, too. And it’s not out of place in the G. Marquis. The graph paper looks appropriately 1980’s (Tron, etc.). Are they making new padded dash tops for the 4-eyes?

They do make padded dash tops. They aren't cheap though. It's on the list....my new " hunny to do " list.

I was surprised to see that there were 4000 more 86 LX cars made than GT cars. I don't think there are a ton of them left. I've seen a lot more GT verts than LX still around.

Those louvers (if they are the metal ones) are like gold to some folks.

Though I like your 83 hood, you might want to look around and see if you can find an OEM 86 hood (depending on your engine plans, of course).

I've put my feelers out for a 86 hood. This one was original but someone put the scoop on it. This thing still has the hood heat felt but something decided to take part of it for a nest. No modifications are happening to this car. Maybe sub frame connectors. It'll probably get weld wheels. She wants it lowered but our current driveway won't allow it.

The brakes might get upgraded. The 86 5.0 brakes are the same as 4 banger brakes.

Well the clean up has started. She never had fire under her a$$ like this when I was working on my cars. Lol
20210718_135756.jpg

20210718_135811.jpg

As soon as she names it I'll start a thread for this car. Found out today that it has no fuel pressure but pump primes and runs. I think that little rubber hose is cracked and we'll find out soon.