Yesterday I did move the trunk springs up a notch to the strongest setting. Every once and a while the trunk would fall shut before. The added weight of the wing created this issue. Now, there's no way for that to happen when the trunk is up, unless there's a huge gust of wind.

I was kinda bored while the other half removed her fenders. Didn't want her to feel uncomfortable with me standing over her shoulder so I replaced a bulb in her daily driver and did that little trunk spring thing.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Yesterday I did move the trunk springs up a notch to the strongest setting. Every once and a while the trunk would fall shut before. The added weight of the wing created this issue. Now, there's no way for that to happen when the trunk is up, unless there's a huge gust of wind.

I was kinda bored while the other half removed her fenders. Didn't want her to feel uncomfortable with me standing over her shoulder so I replaced a bulb in her daily driver and did that little trunk spring thing.
I do appreciate you putting my bulb in... as well as you not staring me down after you tell me what to do... just let me do it... :stick:

Reactions: 1 user
You tried this guy? You posted in his thread a while back

I have an issue that's been bothering me with Dusty. When I did the coil overs I didn't change the lower control arms. They are the stock arms from when the car was a 4 banger. The issue is that my toe is off ( towed in a little ) and it causes the control arms to move when driving forward or reverse. Forward the wheels camber out....reverse they camber in. This movement is due to the soft 349,000 mile bushings. There's also the issue of people pushing out stock ball joints with coil overs. I've never personally seen that happen but the thought was enough for me to order tubular lower control arms.

Word to the wise....don't order stuff when you're sleepy as hell. I meant to order red ones but ended up ordering hammer tone. They'll work fine but there's nothing else on this car hammer tone. There wasn't anything red but my calipers and my distributor cap that no one will see. Maybe I'll paint them. Don't know yet.

When these arms show up I can finally get the car aligned properly. Then comes the wheels and tires.

• Hell Yeah!
I have an issue that's been bothering me with Dusty. When I did the coil overs I didn't change the lower control arms. They are the stock arms from when the car was a 4 banger. The issue is that my toe is off ( towed in a little ) and it causes the control arms to move when driving forward or reverse. Forward the wheels camber out....reverse they camber in. This movement is due to the soft 349,000 mile bushings. There's also the issue of people pushing out stock ball joints with coil overs. I've never personally seen that happen but the thought was enough for me to order tubular lower control arms.

Word to the wise....don't order stuff when you're sleepy as hell. I meant to order red ones but ended up ordering hammer tone. They'll work fine but there's nothing else on this car hammer tone. There wasn't anything red but my calipers and my distributor cap that no one will see. Maybe I'll paint them. Don't know yet.

When these arms show up I can finally get the car aligned properly. Then comes the wheels and tires.
Can’t you call them and switch the order..... or did they ship already?

The front control arms showed up today. We had a busy day yesterday. Scored 10 hoke wheels and almost new tires, hood, and dash pad for Scarlet Rose. Drove to VA Beach to pick up parts, then the property near NC, back home, and then to a going away get together of a couple friends of ours.

It'll be a while before I can get Dusty back in the garage for some work.

Reactions: 1 users
Dusty is still waiting for the control arm install. I'm going to take some time to go through and clean up this thread.

Wow. I cleaned up a bunch of stuff out of this thread. Way easier to read and follow now.

It's amazing how much the plans change when reading over years worth of a thread. I've been reminded of several things that I planned to do and lost track. Just never got around to it.

You guys have been great over the years with advise and BS.

• Hell Yeah!
Dive into the world of 1990s British Touring Car Championship. You'll find the inspiration you need. This car is a kindred spirit of European touring I'm sure.

Or maybe there's an alternate-verse where Ford never had a Sierra RS500 to enter into the BTCC/DTM and so they entered a Fox Stang instead..

My 6 year JY build has turned into a medly of stuff from all over the place, new and old. The price tag to replace this car comes to this....

20210826_081914.jpg

This is parts only- labor not included. I keep a running tally. :doh:

• Haha
  • Hell Yeah!
It's about to go down. Driveway pimpin'.

20210904_141234.jpg

This is the worse my grass has looked this year. My lawnmower recently met a sludge hammer and is in the scrap metal bin at work. I've got a crew coming Monday to make it all spiffy so no worries at all.

Reactions: 1 users
My 6 year JY build has turned into a medly of stuff from all over the place, new and old. The price tag to replace this car comes to this....

20210826_081914.jpg

This is parts only- labor not included. I keep a running tally. :doh:
It would be catastrophic if I added up the Monsters tab,…,I’d wager it to be in the 60k range..