Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

I would just keep it simple for now and go with the 1 5/8 shorties. The main reason being once you go with more CID and boost you'll likely need to step up in size. With the amount of power you plan on making I think full length headers will not be needed at all.
I agree still waiting on the guy for that shp dart, I ended up finding him on fb so seeing what his best offer is cash in hand. Originally he wanted 1875 which is still a good deal I think but if I can get it cheaper even better. I did find some brand new bbk ceramic shortys which I contemplated on getting because the guy wants 200 bucks!! but think I might just run my old MAC shortys save the cash for upgrading the exhaust when and if I can get my hands on that dart block.

• Sponsors (?)

So sticking with my current headers older mac’s and o/r h pipe, my flows have seen better days and noticed some leaks around the welds for the pipes. Anyone using Pypes exhaust? Do you like it? Slp’s or MAC. Seems like ppl like spintech as well

I've had a pypes violator catback years ago and didn't like it. Went back to macs with x pipe and always get compliments on how it sounds.
Ha yeah I heard the violators and didn’t really dig them. Those Pypes Pype bombs I found on Craig’s down the road for me and guy wanted 250 for full cat back but then he sold it that same day I talked with him. Kind of liked the sound of those but it’s all videos on YouTube. I do like the sound of MAC but now I’m kind of scopin out the spin tech 6000 and 9000 it’s kind of a rowdy sound.

Reactions: 1 user
Slow process but it’s coming along, waiting on some injectors!!!! Anyone know what my old MAC headers size would be. These have to be back from idk at least 1999, I’m guessing 1 5/8 but idk if they had different sizes back then. Was going to get some brand new bbk ceramic shortys from a guy for 200 but haven’t pulled the trigger bc I figured there wouldn’t really be much difference from what I have on right now.
168A4A83-65E0-4878-94D1-C31FC13D81E3.jpeg

Man pure silence up in here! Anyways been thinking about swapping my flows and h pipe. Contemplating going with an O/R X pipe into some pro street 6000 cat back with my lx tails. I’ve read some about the difference between the two X vs H. What are you guys running on your setups and is there a big difference.

Man pure silence up in here! Anyways been thinking about swapping my flows and h pipe. Contemplating going with an O/R X pipe into some pro street 6000 cat back with my lx tails. I’ve read some about the difference between the two X vs H. What are you guys running on your setups and is there a big difference.

You posted the bikini models in the wrong thread. :shrug:

Like that's our fault. :rolleyes:

Oh... and X pipes sound mean at WOT while H pipes sound good everywhere else. HP differences are negligible with an X pipe generally eeking out a slight advantage at the very top of the power band.

We all know however, that all exhaust pieces are not created equal.

Getting closer to getting it started but not there yet, but got damn it’s pretty. Waiting on a new black elbow and bracket to hold the pro-m. So I think I’ve decided to run the spintech pro street 6000 cat back but not yet ordered. I have also been contemplating long tubes but how much of a hassle is it to do so? Besides having to buy a new x or h pipe, o2 sensor extensions? It seems like a lot of work, then motor mount replacement. Do you or don’t you have to change anything with the steering shaft? Also my car is dropped pretty good and with my current exhaust set up I clear mist speed bumps etc but will there be issues with that having LTs? Idk maybe I’ll stick with shortys. What are the thoughts in here in regards to SCT tuning?
B07A2BBE-646D-4CDA-929B-234F0991DDD2.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
i ran the bbk long tubes for years and my car was real low no issues. Steering shaft was fine also i did have to lift motor slightly on each side to install the headers but that was not so bad. Also the o2 sensor harness reached for me on 2 different cars. Ive also had hooker headers on my old 85 and they fit fine also but needed to remove steering shaft and run it in between the tubes on the headers.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
That filter should be moved inside the fender and away from fan wash. Don't know if your pro m is calibrated for in the fender filter location.

Stock e7 heads are pretty hard to get rid of.

Nice looking car !!!

That filter should be moved inside the fender and away from fan wash. Don't know if your pro m is calibrated for in the fender filter location.

Nice looking car !!!
Yeah I wanted to do so but the pro m I have is mounted to the filter so I have to fit it in the fender or drop 216 on the Anderson 3.5 power pipe for NA and it accepts my type of pro m and would place it in the fender well. I just don’t want to drop that since I’m planning on a blower hopefully soon which would then make that pipe a waste for me. A2122243-7BC1-487C-9C76-20DEA9A51796.jpeg D2E10C3B-2868-48AE-9B5F-00C51D43DB14.png G E3DC08BF-61DE-46FE-A43D-330AE3646F6C.jpeg

i ran the bbk long tubes for years and my car was real low no issues. Steering shaft was fine also i did have to lift motor slightly on each side to install the headers but that was not so bad. Also the o2 sensor harness reached for me on 2 different cars. Ive also had hooker headers on my old 85 and they fit fine also but needed to remove steering shaft and run it in between the tubes on the headers.
Well dang man sounds like you got lucky. I watched a video on YT and this guy ended up taking his intake off, valve cover etc and I was like what the hell, that seems like a hassle, maybe bc it was an automatic? Found some a guy with some used bbk 1 5/8 and an x pipe to match which I’ve been contemplating.

Nice looking car !!!
Wait, you're advising him to move the filter into the fender to avoid fan wash.....what about rain wash from the tire?

Wait, you're advising him to move the filter into the fender to avoid fan wash.....what about rain wash from the tire?

If he has a fender liner he won't have to worry about that. Or....he could build a dam out of sheet metal to keep the fan air off the filter. Testing has proved that it makes a difference. The filter would be at the same level as the factory air box inlet hole ( the big oval one ). Theres also a bolt on adapter available to adapt that pro m to cold air piping on the filter side.

Screenshot_20180802-101352_Chrome.jpg

Your car....is a different breed, Mike