Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Something interesting happened.... got a lead on a ms3pro gen1 on the cheap... mine for 650 shipped. That's a swinging deal I pulled the trigger, may have to do an external i/o expansion but that's no biggie
(Its only needed because gen1) with the trans controller I may not need the extra io but we will see... full sequential everything.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Something interesting happened.... got a lead on a ms3pro gen1 on the cheap... mine for 650 shipped. That's a swinging deal I pulled the trigger, may have to do an external i/o expansion but that's no biggie
(Its only needed because gen1) with the trans controller I may not need the extra io but we will see... full sequential everything.
That sounds like a smoking deal. Did you see LMR just released MS2 Gen 2 PNP.

That sounds like a smoking deal. Did you see LMR just released MS2 Gen 2 PNP.

I saw that as well. It looks like they teamed up DIYAuyoTune for there system offering. Would of liked to see Stinger PIMP system more though since it runs the MS3 platform.

I agree we will be seeing more traffic to SN soon. Possibly even new upgrades like what Steve is doing.

Just wanted you guys to know that i am typing this post on a mini keyboard while surfing the internet from my DD-efi dash while sitting in my car...

that is all.
I put together a raspbeery pi that I use for tuning and data logging in my car. I set up triggered logging and then when I park it back in the shop, it connects to my wifi. I can go inside, log into it with my laptop from my recliner with teamviewer, and view data logs and tune in comfort. It works awsome!

I put together a raspbeery pi that I use for tuning and data logging in my car. I set up triggered logging and then when I park it back in the shop, it connects to my wifi. I can go inside, log into it with my laptop from my recliner with teamviewer, and view data logs and tune in comfort. It works awsome!
Nice, we have this setup to sync with google cloud so log in from anywhere anytime and it will fetch the changes next time it connects.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw that as well. It looks like they teamed up DIYAuyoTune for there system offering. Would of liked to see Stinger PIMP system more though since it runs the MS3 platform.

I agree we will be seeing more traffic to SN soon. Possibly even new upgrades like what Steve is doing.

I’ll be in the traffic soon enough, but my twins decided to come early.

What is the difference from the gen 1 and gen 2. I can google it but short answer.

Lots, but we are actually talking about 2 "different" systems. The ms2pnpgen2 is based on ms2 firmware its batchfire
The stinger pimpx is ms3 firmware more advanced with higher level i/o.
The pimpxs is ms3x with full sequential capabilities, more i/o than most could ever use.

Lots, but we are actually talking about 2 "different" systems. The ms2pnpgen2 is based on ms2 firmware its batchfire
The stinger pimpx is ms3 firmware more advanced with higher level i/o.
The pimpxs is ms3x with full sequential capabilities, more i/o than most could ever use.
I got that from our previous thread. I was speaking differences from Gen 1 and Gen 2 ms2.

Did you see Stinger added transmission controls for extra?

Yes I did, they placed a microsquirt module in as a tcu.

The gen1 ms2pnp was ms2 based
The gen1 ms2pnp uses a microsquirt module as its controller.

I am doing an ms3pro with a separate microsquirt module tcu. The benefit of the way I am doing it is more i/o and flexibility.

Last edited:
Working on the infotainment system with a 7" touch display. Of course custom install, looking for ideas this is version1 AC controls below screen with just enough room to maybe fit a 1/2 din eq under the ac controls.
20190721_225307.jpg

I already bent the aluminum plate with my break, I quickly realized the break is much larger than useful on this project.... had to improvise for the second bend.

Reactions: 1 users
Working on the infotainment system with a 7" touch display. Of course custom install, looking for ideas this is version1 AC controls below screen with just enough room to maybe fit a 1/2 din eq under the ac controls.
20190721_225307.jpg

I already bent the aluminum plate with my break, I quickly realized the break is much larger than useful on this project.... had to improvise for the second bend.
it's "brake"

I had a TFT 7" screen in one of my mustangs for front and rear camera view...and video. It fit nicely in the factory radio and cubby location. Just made a frame with plastic and velcro held it.