Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so i have an idea for the fuel system... but i need some help when it comes to picking parts for the exhaust system... I dont really want to spend a whole bunch on things that may get replaced when i go to put a couple spooli bois on the car. I do need a free flowing system to support the build though so i can enjoy it while the car is NA.. I do not plan on going over the rear axle but instead doing a turn out near the rear tire area, I want a set of mufflers that are quite.... it is a street car first but i dont want some massive difficult to deal with thing down there. I also want to run high flow cats on the car, i dont mind spending some money to make this happen. What size do you guys suggest?
I am looking for suggestions please, for the 3-4 of you who actually look at this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok so i have an idea for the fuel system... but i need some help when it comes to picking parts for the exhaust system... I dont really want to spend a whole bunch on things that may get replaced when i go to put a couple spooli bois on the car. I do need a free flowing system to support the build though so i can enjoy it while the car is NA.. I do not plan on going over the rear axle but instead doing a turn out near the rear tire area, I want a set of mufflers that are quite.... it is a street car first but i dont want some massive difficult to deal with thing down there. I also want to run high flow cats on the car, i dont mind spending some money to make this happen. What size do you guys suggest?
I am looking for suggestions please, for the 3-4 of you who actually look at this thread.
I'll get back to you on how my amazon special muffler sounds.

IMO a quieter system is one out the back, I'm no expert in exhaust but I feel like you'll just be shooting that exhaust sound right next to you instead of behind you

does anyone have a suggestion about the CATS??

what about using two of these as mufflers?? lol remote mount under the car..... I wonder how difficult that is to do...

If you're going for quiet I'd stay away from running the exhaust out in front of the wheels. Even if it is quieter I think you'll pick up a lot of noise in the cabin due to proximity.

Does anyone have experience with just doing dumps straight out of the exhaust but turned down toward the ground? I've seen people do that but haven't ridden in a car setup that way.

I've read other people talk about increased exhaust/gas smell in the car when running shorter exhaust systems. Makes since with the system ending right there by the door and not at the back of the car.

does anyone have a suggestion about the CATS??

what about using two of these as mufflers?? lol remote mount under the car..... I wonder how difficult that is to do...
Oh just your standard turbo muffler...lol

There used to be a side exit exhaust I think it was a cobra thing, can't remember, I think it was spintech made them.
there is a complete exhaust on that vert parts car we took that engine out of.
Is it stock or aftermarket? I need something free flowing

In reality there is nothing wrong with my current exhaust it just needs to be reworked... and better cats added in.

Last edited:
Is it stock or aftermarket? I need something free flowing

In reality there is nothing wrong with my current exhaust it just needs to be reworked... and better cats added in.
Oh, no cats. If your pipes are good go with what you have, high flow cats will make it a little quieter.
I remember your car not that loud anyway.

This showed up today..
20190821_194041.jpg

• Agree
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users

Just saw this.
Read that your intention is to turn the pipes out in front of the tires.

Go to the Bathroom.....stand in front of the mirror so you can see if.......
You have a red neck.

If you don’t....

Smack the piss outta yourself.

Cmon!
Side exit exhaust are only still in use in movies where David Spade plays a mullet-headed, back woods yay-hoo driving a 73 charger with air shocks.
Do not continue on this path,..you will be stoned at public mustang gatherings.

Or,...

Maybe you are stoned.

Reactions: 1 user
Just saw this.
Read that your intention is to turn the pipes out in front of the tires.

Go to the Bathroom.....stand in front of the mirror so you can see if.......
You have a red neck.

If you don’t....

Smack the piss outta yourself.

Cmon!
Side exit exhaust are only still in use in movies where David Spade plays a mullet-headed, back woods yay-hoo driving a 73 charger with air shocks.
Do not continue on this path,..you will be stoned at public mustang gatherings.

Or,...

Maybe you are stoned.
Check post 3632

A car with side pipes like a SN 95 car or that Saleen you’re referring to and a set of side exit tail pipes are not one in the same.
In one of them, the driver usually has a significant overbite.
Think....Tow-mater
Ok Mike you win.

Now lets move on to the next order of business..... the machine shop finishing my :leghump:ing engine, at this rate i will be retired before i get it back.