Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

I found a few transmissions, closest one is 25mins away. 300 for trans from a running driving car in the salvage yard. Comes with converter and harness. I will pick it up tomorrow or friday morning. I need to order a flex plate.

Reactions: 1 user
I found a few transmissions, closest one is 25mins away. 300 for trans from a running driving car in the salvage yard. Comes with converter and harness. I will pick it up tomorrow or friday morning. I need to order a flex plate.
Im guessing you've chosen a 4r70w then? Have you read up on what you need to replace to keep it alive behind a twin turbo'd 393?

And the transmission is mine.

20190829_091213.jpg

Now to find a flexplate that will work and I need to measure the bolt distance on the converter.

Reactions: 2 users
Tech Line: "You expected it to fit right out of the box? BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, hey Bubba, he wants us to make our parts fit right out of the box...yeah, I know right....bwwaahahhahahaha...."

I mean, somethings you understand different body styles, year to year differences...but in 100 million sbf could there be that much tolerance in the dimensions of bottom of the block?

And the transmission is mine.

20190829_091213.jpg

Now to find a flexplate that will work and I need to measure the bolt distance on the converter.
And..idk how that’s gonna fit for you, but in the monster, I had to cut the tunnel to get enough clearance for that fat bastard.
Well,....mine had to be moved back considerably for my long assed engine to fit...:chin
That might have something to do with it

Ok so one of the main bearings looked damaged in the packaging, I am not chancing anything so i ordered a new set of bearings. I only need 1 cap side bearing but i bought a whole set.
So far i have been taking my time, the mains plasti-gauged out to .0015 clearance on every cap and are even all the way across. this block was main honed so i have no doubts it will be perfect.
I just finished installing the rings on the pistons, gaps set at 24 top and 25 second ring. total seal with moly faced top ring.

I will say this- spiral locks suck!! but all the rods were installed yesterday.

once the liquid sunshine stops ill make my way back out into the shop.

Reactions: 2 users
That thing sure is purdy, Steve !!! Setting the bottom end up is the hardest part. Should have it in and running by the weekend.:chin

Last edited:
Spiral Locks...:fuss::chair::mg:

That's how I feel thinking about them. Give me a propane torch and a small press and put the pins in the freezer next to the ice cream.
I fckin hate them too..
So much so, I had the Pistons pressed on the rods the last time I went through the monsters engine.

BTW that looks great...Whose glad they decided to go with a 351, instead of a future broken 5.0?

Reactions: 1 user