Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

The k member bolts are metric.

I just went out and looked at everything, I see no reason why the bolts wont be long enough to reuse with a 3/8 spacer.

The swaybar is going to smash the pan for sure, so if I space the k member I will need to space the swaybar mount easily twice as much. Maybe even an inch.
Not a big deal easy enough to work out.
Be careful when you start spacing sht.You will create bumpsteer if you space the sway bar mounts too differently from their normal intersect points with relation to the swing arc of the control arm.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yup...that's what I did....just cut the sleeve down a little. Very easy.

I also made my sway bar spacer out of a long piece of flat steel stock...I think it was about 1 1/2 inches wide ( it's in my build thread somewhere ). Cut about 8 pieces and drilled them all. I think I only needed 2 or 3 on each side.

Ok guys help me out here, I want to do a shift kit in the transmission before I make things permanent.. but what kit do i want? how hard is it to do? never played with an auto before..
looking at this one..
Fwiw-that’s the shift kit I have,and I’m very happy with it. Nice firm (but not harsh) shifts under normal acceleration. Scratches 2nd on hard acceleration lol. I didn’t install the kit,the guy that built my transmission put it in, said those kits are cake to install

I've installed the one from trans-go into the monster. It's simply a matter of paying attention to where the things go back. The only issue I had was having to drill a hole through one of the passage walls. You have to hold the drill at a very steep angle and the bit starts to chew into the other side wall. You have to be very careful with that step. Other than that, its drilling some holes, replacing some springs, and messing around with check balls.

Easy-peasy.

damn i am going for it then... what level do you think i should set it too?? just go straight to the 3rd kit?
How harsh do you want it shift? When I was younger I wanted it to loosen my teeth But after a while I’d find my self trying to go easy but it didn’t matter Lol. I would probably go middle of the road now if you do a lot of street driving.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Just fyi , even if you go with a standard frpp 5qt. swap pan like I did you will still need to space the sway bar.
Spaced mine down about 3/4", didn't seem to cause any issues with the aftermarket end links, also have a bump steer kit.