Build Thread Enola-Black Fox - Begin the heart transplant

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
That k member looks great man !!!

You've got tons of room now. It makes working on the car so much easier.

• Sponsors(?)

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Today I started the task of squaring the k member. I first went and acquired 2 plumbbob, then I started with the rear control arm bolts.
20191013_165020.jpg

Once they were marked on the ground I moved to the k member, there are two holes in the UPR kmember just forward of the rear most mounting bolts to hang the string from. Then I took my measurements..
20191013_170041.jpg20191013_171815.jpg

The k is so close I dare not move it at all. Not bad for eyeballing.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
The headers are in but I did not take photos of them yet. I am still working on the steering shaft, I may have to remove it and do a small amount of grinding to make it fit just right.

EDIT: as of this morning the steering shaft is out and has been ground down, I will test fit it tonight and if all goes well the headers and steering shaft will be considered done and without dimpling a single tube.
After that is complete i will torque the K member and the A arms so i dont forget them. Then drop the pan on the transmission and get that Valve body out.

Last edited:
Reactions: KZGUNS

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I was not able to get out to the shop this morning, hopefully i can find the 10 mins it will take to finish installing the steering shaft and header tube so i can move forward with this project. I still have all the accessories to bolt to the front of the engine.. ect.. all in due time i suppose.

then i get to rewire the engine harness... or repin it rather the LS engines use the FORD H.O. firing order they just dont start with the same cylinder. So it will be swapping the 16 pins for the injectors and the coil packs.