Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

I took the time to build my tune completely from scratch... took me 3hrs to get everything setup correctly. Keep in mind I actually have to setup 2 separate tunes, one for the ECU and the TCU. The canbus settings took a short time to get fully worked out.
If I do all the options for the TCU and add my extra sensors I will have used every single analog input to both units.. I will have a few basic digital inputs left over.

Reactions: 1 users
What are you guys with non standard builds doing for heater hoses? Even though I'm in Florida the best time to drive the car as when it's cooler outside stay out too long a gets pretty cold and my wife will be pisted if I don't have heat. I also don't want hoses everywhere

I didn't do anything fancy on my 393w build, just some rubber heater hose and some fittings I sourced.
The in line adapter for the coolant temp sensor came from a Ford Ranger.
IMG_20191113_143300684.jpg IMG_20191113_143308098.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Ok guys I found the AOD shifter in a box... that has been getting water on it for 8 years.. The shifter looks salvageable but I dont want more ugly in the car.

I was looking on summit and they want an arm for a shifter, linkage or cable and why? anyone have a favorite? or a nice one on a shelf your not using?

I like that shifter, it could very well be worth the $400, maybe...
I like it, but lockar is expensive.. I may have a hard time convincing the wife its a good buy...

If i take my time with the installation, I may be able to use the boot and seal from the T5 shifter to make it look clean. worst case I have to rely on @stanglx2002 to print me a shifter bezel for this application.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok guys I found the AOD shifter in a box... that has been getting water on it for 8 years.. The shifter looks salvageable but I dont want more ugly in the car.

I was looking on summit and they want an arm for a shifter, linkage or cable and why? anyone have a favorite? or a nice one on a shelf your not using?
I have one..it’s yours if you want to mess with it. Even has the 4R gate so it’ll shift right.

I like it, but lockar is expensive.. I may have a hard time convincing the wife its a good buy...

If i take my time with the installation, I may be able to use the boot and seal from the T5 shifter to make it look clean. worst case I have to rely on @stanglx2002 to print me a shifter bezel for this application.
9222F90A-F95C-46B3-BF15-D53C92AF0595_zpsaeftx42w.jpg

all it takes to make it look like this is some creativity.

bmm-80840_ui.jpg

It's a b&m pro ratchet shifter that I shortened the handle on. I have the cable, the shifter
Cool that unit looks nice, does it have a lockout to stop from bumping it into neutral from 3rd in a forward pattern? I will need to add a micro switch on the 3rd gear position so if i shift into lower gears the TCU will know i want to shift manually

Reactions: 1 user
Cool that unit looks nice, does it have a lockout to stop from bumping it into neutral from 3rd in a forward pattern? I will need to add a micro switch on the 3rd gear position so if i shift into lower gears the TCU will know i want to shift manually
You cant push it into neutral unless you do it on purpose. Each forward push only advances it one gear.