Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

The first question you should find an answer for is how are you going to communicate all that power to the ground? Just spinning the tires without quickly going forward is a useless waste of rubber and effort.

Oh wait, you forgot to mention...

393CID plus the new heads.... plus 4-6psi from the blower should make traction completely nonexistent

Fun :jester:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
yeah i did actually 'I think his name was Tom' he was not from Ford Tech though...

were doing Main studs and a windage tray, he is going to order the needed studs for the bottom end and i will find a windage tray that will fit.. wieand does not make a windage tray apparently

Reactions: 1 user
Been a while since I gave you guys an update, the machine shop is painfully slow... they still have the entire assembly, guy is really OCD it seems.

Good news - the block is nice and square and will NOT need a line bore after he put the studs in and checked it.

Bad news - he is still not done, the guy is so picky that he is matching every bore to a specific piston based on taper and blah blah.....

It is getting done just at a much slower pace than i would like it too be.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
The machine I use is much the same way. He has done two jobs that were "toy" jobs and one that was a DD repair. The toy mustang jobs took months, the DD repair he turned around in 3 days. He knew it was important to me as far as work and family goes so he pumped it out quick.

Hopefully all comes out well.

Joe

20190617_194010-jpg.jpg

its a humble beginning but i will at least have a concrete slab to work on things now. 18'x42'x5" It will have a steel building over it with open sides going to enclose part of it on 3 sides.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
In car related news, I am buying quality parts for the 393.. I figured a major part that i have cheaped out on in the past in the harmonic damper.. so this time I plan to run an Innovators West #204 with flying magnet cover. I am debating on buying the IW sensor bracket for $150 or just making my own. But the quality balancer is happening.

Unless of course someone has a better option for me....