Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a great plan.

Just some thoughts:

What were you thinking for headers/exhaust ?
Any port work being done to the heads ?
Need to determine how you want to set-up front dress, a/c, p.s. etc.
Going to reuse the bbk shorties I have, the exhaust under the car will be completely reworked.
Heads are going on as they are, they are very clean as is.
The entire front dress will likely be custom, I think I may reuse the blower and that will require the custom engine dress.

Going to reuse the bbk shorties I have, the exhaust under the car will be completely reworked.
Heads are going on as they are, they are very clean as is.
The entire front dress will likely be custom, I think I may reuse the blower and that will require the custom engine dress.
Do you have 351 swap shorties or are you going to try 302s ?
They will obviously bolt up but the 351w width could be a problem.

Nope going to see if the 302 set will work, from what i have found the 351 swap shorties are for guys trying to run the stock or current exhaust. I will be redoing the exhaust completely.
I have not decided what kind of aspiration the engine will have yet, so flipping them around to face forward could also happen....

Reactions: 1 users
Nope going to see if the 302 set will work, from what i have found the 351 swap shorties are for guys trying to run the stock or current exhaust. I will be redoing the exhaust completely.
I have not decided what kind of aspiration the engine will have yet, so flipping them around to face forward could also happen....

For Twin Turbskies

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
For those still checking in, just got off the phone with the machine shop.. still another 3 weeks out at least he says... this is ridiculous.
Wow.....maybe machine shops are just busier in your area, I waited about 2 weeks for the machine work on my block.
I guess this gives you more time to come up with some crazy megasquirt wizardry !

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I am starting to feel a bit salty about the whole situation.... He said he had some "big projects" come through the shop and when he was making his list apparently I am near the bottom of the priority list. I mean he has only had the thing for 4+ months... whats my problem?

I just can't believe that out of two machine shops neither of them will do the work they contract to do. The problem still is what I said it is with these shops...
If they have big business contracts with some of the local businesses in your area, they'll never get to you w/o you hounding them every single week. If you think they are gonna prioritize your work over the stuff that guarantees them a monthly income, ( even though they said they would on the phone) you are mistaken. Even the race car shops I use will take care of their seasonal returning race teams first, but in between that time ( winter) they'll get stuff knocked out fairly quick.
Fortunately for me,...I used to be one of those guys with one of those shops..problem is,..he moved 40 miles to the north of the city...and now getting to him is a day trip.

@a91what in a month or so i could be in the market for your MS if you cut me a sweet deal.

i could probably sell mine on here, i seen one sell not to long about on here.
If that's the case we should talk about what you are getting and what skills are required to modify it for your needs. Of course I could do that for you but it's best to know what your getting into.

While I wait for the other half of my building and the engine to get done. I decided to work on a interior project, as you know I am running a DD-efi 7" dash.. I love the dash so working with Kurtis I ordered a 12.3" display. That's correct a 12.3 it should fill every inch of the inside of the bezel.

We are working on a touch screen android navigation system as well, the 7" will be used there. I need a metal break.... I may build one with a piano hinge

It is hot again today with humidity like the bottom of the gulf of Mexico
#Florida

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users