Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

1)Hillborn (because it’s different and awesome)

I think the Hillborn would look awesome under the hood.

Heil yeah!

You all know how cool it is
2015-11-07_05-05-45-640x427-n2wttux764kuxng07rhm3frgnb1ccx24dk74ut6w6o.jpg

The Jolley High Rise is bad ass but most
Other options just don't have the visual appeal,
This might have worked in the 60s .......
LOL
35-alum-Crossram-Holley.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Since we all know your not intimidated by running something different (PD on a fox 302)
Then Hillborn for the cool/different factor.
Holley would also be cool and different but Hillborn wins imo.
Would Super Vic even be a challenge for you ?

Personally, I think Hillborn type injection is super cool in the right application. But I don’t think a Fox Mustang is one of those applications. Yes our cars are getting “old,” but they aren’t yet “classics” in my opinion. That type of ITB set up fits nicely on a deuce coupe type hot rod, or even a real classic muscle car. I think Foxes look best with a clean well organized modern looking setup. Aero nosed cars were the cutting edge for fuel injection in Mustangs. To me it’s kinda like lifting the hood on what came from the factory as fuel injected, and seeing that someone swapped it to a carb set up. They went backward, and/or cut corners. Obviously you are not cutting corners, and I am not trying to imply that Steve, but I would lean toward pushing forward and going as modern as you can being you are the technology based guru that you are.

Whatever you do,.......
Do not choose that Chinese ITB system...you will be stuck with a 1000.00 intake system that hasn't proven itself to be worth the investment regarding potential power gains. And if ( like me) you decide to change it up and force air into them, you've got twice the headache I had trying to build an air box to seal that sht up.

What does the finger say?

Super Vic / elbow .

Like I said in mikes thread it applies here - when does the challenge become not fun and not enjoying the car . Build something you can enjoy . Just my .02

Just got done taking measurements, I have 13.75" of clearance from the china wall to the hood on the front of the block. with the 9.5" deck I will assume I lose 1.5" of this clearance.
Now lets figure out how tall that holley Hi-Ram is, https://www.holley.com/products/intakes/efi_manifolds/parts/300-242 ....
3002421.jpg

11.41" tall roughly over the distributor [ that i am not using]

I think it will fit with my current hood, and look very modern. With my LS coil packs mounted on the valve covers at first glance this may look like an LS.

BTW... this is way easier to add a turbo or vortec to in the future.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
I for sure vote to go this route with the combo you are putting together, and we all know you will be adding more later in the future. This gives you that growth capability without needing to replace a bunch of parts.

It also adds to the unique factor as you dont see this on every car either. I remember when this intake came out and really wanted one on my car before the change of scope of the car.

I went ahead and ordered the intake manifold and all the sensors required to make it work. When it gets here i will set it on top of the 302 and see if the clearance is good before moving forward. I now have everything from oil pan to intake minus pushrods for this build.

I may go ahead and buy swap headers if i have the extra money. .....as if we ever have extra money......

now i need to find the transmission... let the hunt begin.

also how much of the body harness runs through the engine harness on the firewall?? I have this aftermarket harness i want to use if it wont be an issue.

Reactions: 1 users
I hear the chant now....

Go Steve Go...Go Steve Go...Go Steve Go...

This new build is going to be awesome, and cant wait to see what you do with the new MS3 in your hands as well.

WTF are thermostat housings so expensive?? I want a nice black anodized one... but i aint payin 90 dollars for it. I mainly want the thing O-ringed.... you can get cheap ones with a 45* outlet but i am not sure how that would work with the fox engine dress

I like the AN hose option, I found this earlier....

could do some nice looking an hose between them

Reactions: 1 users
I like the AN hose option, I found this earlier....

could do some nice looking an hose between them
If you think a water neck is expensive, wait till you price out 3’ of -16 hose, and the two hose ends to fit that.