Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Today I started the task of squaring the k member. I first went and acquired 2 plumbbob, then I started with the rear control arm bolts.
20191013_165020.jpg

Once they were marked on the ground I moved to the k member, there are two holes in the UPR kmember just forward of the rear most mounting bolts to hang the string from. Then I took my measurements..
20191013_170041.jpg 20191013_171815.jpg

The k is so close I dare not move it at all. Not bad for eyeballing.

Reactions: 2 users
The headers are in but I did not take photos of them yet. I am still working on the steering shaft, I may have to remove it and do a small amount of grinding to make it fit just right.

EDIT: as of this morning the steering shaft is out and has been ground down, I will test fit it tonight and if all goes well the headers and steering shaft will be considered done and without dimpling a single tube.
After that is complete i will torque the K member and the A arms so i dont forget them. Then drop the pan on the transmission and get that Valve body out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was not able to get out to the shop this morning, hopefully i can find the 10 mins it will take to finish installing the steering shaft and header tube so i can move forward with this project. I still have all the accessories to bolt to the front of the engine.. ect.. all in due time i suppose.

then i get to rewire the engine harness... or repin it rather the LS engines use the FORD H.O. firing order they just dont start with the same cylinder. So it will be swapping the 16 pins for the injectors and the coil packs.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Only had a short time this morning to work on the car, I got the k-member swapped out but have not squared it in the car yet. The factory A arms worked out just fine and I only had a small bit of difficulty with the driver side arm getting it in place. Overall I would say a difficulty of 4 to swap the K out overall. I did space it down 3/8 of an inch and after removing the crown from the oil pan I have around 3/16 clearance. Should be adequate.

There is so much room around the engine its unreal... i can almost drop the header in with the engine in place, once i lift the engine the header will be cake.. so much so that i wish i had not cut the flange to separate the pipes.

20191012_101601.jpg 20191012_121416.jpg
You won’t regret it honestly . Running coil overs I will say you should’ve just did the arms too . I drive on some of the worst roads and no issues with them . The extra space to work is great . I can do my starter no issue with the big 1 7/8 long tubes in my car without having to loosen up motor mounts or anything like that now .

You won’t regret it honestly . Running coil overs I will say you should’ve just did the arms too . I drive on some of the worst roads and no issues with them . The extra space to work is great . I can do my starter no issue with the big 1 7/8 long tubes in my car without having to loosen up motor mounts or anything like that now .
All I can say is that you're either up really early, or up really late. Either way, if by some instance I'm awake at 3am...I'm still lying in bed with my eyes closed, and not typing sht on this place.

All I can say is that you're either up really early, or up really late. Either way, if by some instance I'm awake at 3am...I'm still lying in bed with my eyes closed, and not typing sht on this place.
you're talking to the 3am demon at 3am :scratch:
steve is typing stuff on a car forum
i'm looking out the window to the street out side wondering who is getting their car taken tonight?
what are you doing at 3am?
:oops: Never mind, we probably don't want to know.

I haven’t slept in 24 hours I’m laying ina hospital bed with 2 chest tubes hanging out of me . Looking to pass the time .

• Sad
OMG ! Godspeed brother.
Thanks bro . All good I think we got to the bottom of the night sweats and low grade fevers . They are irrigating the fluid that took up the space of the old lung . They sent it out for testing to see if there was infection but I already haven’t had a sweat or fever since . So I’m thinking we got it

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks bro . All good I think we got to the bottom of the night sweats and low grade fevers . They are irrigating the fluid that took up the space of the old lung . They sent it out for testing to see if there was infection but I already haven’t had a sweat or fever since . So I’m thinking we got it
Jesus dude, how old are you? It's so freaking weird whe this happens to anybody, but at a young age it's double weird.

Jesus dude, how old are you? It's so freaking weird whe this happens to anybody, but at a young age it's double weird.
28 . This is from after having my lung removed due to the bleeding and coughing up blood clots after finding out I had no pulmonary artery to it my whole life and the vessels that were forming trying to keep the lung alive were also trying to kill me As they were bursting one by one .

• Wow