Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Update on Enola: I am ready to remove the engine and transmission today. I already have all the hoses, AC, PS stuff out of the car and drained. There must be a significant leak in the AC system somewhere, it had no pressure on it when i cracked the line. I am working on pulling the front clip off the car, this will let me really get in there and do what i want to. The body harness is out of the car it was really easy to pull.

now I have a new body harness plug coming for the car to put on the MS3 harness.... anyone have a trick to make that easier or is it just going to be a fight?

on a side note, apparently a PS pump from a thunderbird 2.3 will fit in the mustang bracket and line up correctly. The advantage of this is that it does not have the integrated reservoir, you can use a remotely mounted one this will free up space around and above the ps pump...

......for future twin spoolie bois.........

Reactions: 1 user
Update on Enola: I am ready to remove the engine and transmission today. I already have all the hoses, AC, PS stuff out of the car and drained. There must be a significant leak in the AC system somewhere, it had no pressure on it when i cracked the line. I am working on pulling the front clip off the car, this will let me really get in there and do what i want to. The body harness is out of the car it was really easy to pull.

now I have a new body harness plug coming for the car to put on the MS3 harness.... anyone have a trick to make that easier or is it just going to be a fight?

on a side note, apparently a PS pump from a thunderbird 2.3 will fit in the mustang bracket and line up correctly. The advantage of this is that it does not have the integrated reservoir, you can use a remotely mounted one this will free up space around and above the ps pump...

......for future twin spoolie bois.........
I'm using a late model mustang remote mount PS pump, if you need pics to see if that'll work, you just let me know and I'll see if I can find a pic of that :rolleyes:

And..

There's gotta be some record of me telling you to keep the thing 351 inches if you intended to pound air into engine. With a long stroke, and the higher cylinder pressure that comes with it, I hope that you have a true forged piston.
Unless you're mega confident that you'll get the tune perfect right out of the box.

Two turbos guarantee power beyond usable street stuff unless you intend to build some sort of TC system...( which I know you'll do) You should know that I'll be watching when you do.

I'm using a late model mustang remote mount PS pump, if you need pics to see if that'll work, you just let me know and I'll see if I can find a pic of that :rolleyes:

And..

There's gotta be some record of me telling you to keep the thing 351 inches if you intended to pound air into engine. With a long stroke, and the higher cylinder pressure that comes with it, I hope that you have a true forged piston.
Unless you're mega confident that you'll get the tune perfect right out of the box.

Two turbos guarantee power beyond usable street stuff unless you intend to build some sort of TC system...( which I know you'll do) You should know that I'll be watching when you do.
I would love some pics of that mike. Yes I do have forged pistons I did not skimp on this build, 9.5 compression. I will have traction control and knock detection

Reactions: 2 users
20190825_163753.jpg

Have I mentioned yet that I love my new workspace? Shade, concrete, creeper, rolling stool, tool creeper, and a nice toolbox with everything in reach this went quickly and easily.

Reactions: 5 users
20190825_163753.jpg

Have I mentioned yet that I love my new workspace? Shade, concrete, creeper, rolling stool, tool creeper, and a nice toolbox with everything in reach this went quickly and easily.
Looks like you're also getting the surface properly exposed to the daily regimen itll see for the rest of its life.

Reactions: 1 users
As for Cat selection Stainless Works offers a high flow unit that is not real big. That is what I have my eyes on, as I cant package a big units and it would be the 3" spliced into my Bassani X pipe, the outer body is only 4".

I have Dynomax ultraflows with off-road X on my 393w, it's loud to the point where I try not to start it too early
on the weekends. Someday I'll get around to installing the Jones Maxflows I have for comparison.

• Sad
I just got off the phone with Tom from Stamey's.. and my engine will be done in time for pickup on Saturday. They just have to check the heads for me [new heads just cant bring myself to not have them checked out] and make sure that coil bind is what the manufacturer says they are. I will of course be documenting the newest build at various steps. However my main goal is to do small videos on the car itself and why i chose to build what i have now, so look forward to incredibly boring stuff to watch!! I also have to go through and fix some of my previous hackery.... I hate to admit it but sometimes time constraints and budget get the better of me and i do not make the best decisions when it comes to small but important things like the battery relocation.. these items must be fixed before i move forward with the project. I have not done anything unsafe but i cant say i want to show the work off either.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
I just got off the phone with Tom from Stamey's.. and my engine will be done in time for pickup on Saturday. They just have to check the heads for me [new heads just cant bring myself to not have them checked out] and make sure that coil bind is what the manufacturer says they are. I will of course be documenting the newest build at various steps. However my main goal is to do small videos on the car itself and why i chose to build what i have now, so look forward to incredibly boring stuff to watch!! I also have to go through and fix some of my previous hackery.... I hate to admit it but sometimes time constraints and budget get the better of me and i do not make the best decisions when it comes to small but important things like the battery relocation.. these items must be fixed before i move forward with the project. I have not done anything unsafe but i cant say i want to show the work off either.
Awesome news!! Incredibly great timing as well. FULL speed ahead!