Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

The correct angke actually is NOT the tie rod and the control arm. It’s to the point on the spindle where the ball joint inserts into it and the a arm to k member bushings. Slight difference, but it needs to be accounted for

Made some small progress.
20200126_145212.jpg
20200126_145227.jpg

Had to modify a 351 alternator bracket for v belt to get the alternator setup the way I needed it.
The regulator got moved and made permanent, the sensor below is a flex fuel sensor as I plan to monitor and tune for ethonal content.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 11 users
Took a little break from the car for a bit, working on the floors in the house ect. decided to finally put a real stereo in the F150, went with 7" kenwood excelon component in the front and center dash, Kicker CS 6.75 in the rear doors.
While i am in the doors I am also adding sound deadening, I got the front doors done this morning and man what a difference the deadener made with how the doors feel and sound when you shut them.
The excelon speakers sound amazing on the stock radio, I have a pioneer 400w class FD amplifier coming that I will put behind the radio in the dash. I dont want to mess with any of the factory wiring, I found a company that makes the harness for the amp all plug and play.

I have found that my time is worth more than anything right now... so on this one I am taking the easy road.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes I did, in that model they removed the ms3x card (expansion) and placed a microsquirt module in its place as a tcu.

I am doing an ms3pro with a separate microsquirt module tcu. The benefit of the way I am doing it is more i/o and flexibility.

This isn't correct. We removed no card/module to add trans control. We added a microsquirt module for the TCU but we did not remove anything to do so. You can also still add a cased micrquirt via CAN for added i/o flexibility (though we've already got so much i/o that it would be rare to ever need to do such a thing.

This isn't correct. We removed no card/module to add trans control. We added a microsquirt module for the TCU but we did not remove anything to do so. You can also still add a cased micrquirt via CAN for added i/o flexibility (though we've already got so much i/o that it would be rare to ever need to do such a thing.
Noted and corrected in my previous post.
FWIW I have already maxed out the i/o on both the tcu and ms3pro. So for me is not difficult to use all the inputs. (I do still have some pwm and digital left open but need at least 6 more analog channels.)
I am designing my own expansion card but that takes alot of time, the simplest way to get the inputs I need is likely to just use a tinyio from jbperf.
That is unless you have a better option?