Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Yeah welding the jacking rails to the pinch weld was a pia, after straightening the pinch welds, but worth it imo.
I am a novice welder so it was a learning experience to say the least, had the car up on cribbing at each wheel to keep suspension loaded.
Welding through the floor and riveting along the pinch is a creative idea, too late for me.
I figured how hard could it be to weld two pieces of square tubing, still have a scar on my ankle from wearing shorts that day,
not my best decision...lol

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

kbsubsinstalled-jpg.jpg

Welllll, I don't know about stifflers, this is from memory on a build I saw that was owner built. Some kits may incorporate this piece, it's either aluminum or pop metal of some sort.
It's "pot" metal.

It's kinda like hot dogs, only with metal. The automakers used a whole bunch of dissimilar metals and melted them together in one big pot to form the non- weld able sht now known as.......

P.O.T. metal.

fact is even installed wrong they work, the car is rigid when jacked from one corner. Its now on my -things i will do in the future- list... mainly because i have exhausted my fundage for now.. and i have enough on my plate trying to get the rest of the car figured out.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok so my original bracket was a complete failure, I underestimated how difficult it would be to weld to the arm... after some time I just gave in and bent some aluminum bar stock into a z shape and used a hole in the arm that for whatever reason decided to weld easily.... figures right.

Here is the bracket I am going to use for testing, I dont like how it rests against the dust shield but meh it works.

It's just a mockup picture I have to get some metric lock nuts since I damaged one.

Attachments

• 20190914_161937.jpg
    20190914_161937.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: 1 user