Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

I have been working on this for a few days in a row... looks like I did not get much done but I am taking my time.

Driver side turbo.
20201123_165952.jpg
20201123_170019.jpg

The driver side fit way easier than the passenger side.. you can see both hot and cold sides running up to the front. I used Vbands everywhere so no leak issues I hope.

Passenger side. This is a bit messy
20201123_165925.jpg
20201123_170029.jpg
20201123_170043.jpg

That pipe is the lowest point going under the fuel tank.. it should be ok I think or uhh hope. Lol. We will find out. Dont mind my foil tape.

Reactions: 2 users
I likes it Steve !!! If you built a firewall in the back, chopped the floor out, and sunk a 15 gallon fuel cell back there with a factory pump and a correct sender, you'd have lots of real estate under there.

Reactions: 1 users
I have been working on this for a few days in a row... looks like I did not get much done but I am taking my time.

Driver side turbo.
20201123_165952.jpg
20201123_170019.jpg

The driver side fit way easier than the passenger side.. you can see both hot and cold sides running up to the front. I used Vbands everywhere so no leak issues I hope.

Passenger side. This is a bit messy
20201123_165925.jpg
20201123_170029.jpg
20201123_170043.jpg

That pipe is the lowest point going under the fuel tank.. it should be ok I think or uhh hope. Lol. We will find out. Dont mind my foil tape.
in the last pic, it looks like there is almost no clearance for the exhaust to route coming off of the turbo..Optical illusion?

This morning I decided that i will pull the rear bumper off the car, I have some replacement parts coming to stop the sag happening.. once I see how well the part I ordered does I will post a review and link to the product since I could only find it on ebay. Most of the brackets are missing that hold the bumper in place, I had to order these from LMR... the bumper had to be flapping in the wind while on the highway.

I also decided to test the wastegate just to be sure where they opened, to do this I would use a hand pump and look for when the wastegate was fully open... well my had pump is DOA, the diaphragm must have finally ruptured after years of use. So I ordered a new vac/pressure hand pump on amazon. I will post the results of said test on Friday. I think while I can easily get to all of it I may go ahead and wire in a boost controller... you know just in case 8psi gets boring.... or I want that dyno queen number. The 340lph pump will support 700 safely, the turbos are rated at 800ish... with the Wmeth adding fuel, maybe get 750 out of it safely.
This is all conjecture of course I cant wait till I can get it back on the road

Reactions: 2 users
Tried and failed with the heat gun method on my car. Guess it sat warped too long. All the braces and hardware are in good condition. Only thing I could think of was to use a piece of metal glued to the underside with 3m8115. ( haven't done it yet ). I saw the product I think you got from ebay. I'm curious how it turns out.

Ok so I am going to post this as a reference pic

the bumper before the insert.
1606420139279.png

bad paint aside, thats some serious droop on the bumper.

once I got the bumper off I decided to take some pictures of the turbos before I start wrapping up the install... why do I make things harder than they need to be? why didnt I take the 20mins to remove the bumper BEFORE i started making brackets and installing the turbos.. FML i am an idiot sometimes.

1606420316873.png

1606420336210.png

1606420382615.png

1606420484921.png

and now after looking at these two photos I have to go and take another measurement.. they do not look to be the same height in relation to the bottom of the bumper cover.. but it could be camera angle trickery

Reactions: 3 users
So they are off by enough that I will have to do some pie cuts to get them corrected.. not a big deal. I'll just cut the bumper cover where it looks the best then figure it out. I really wanted to do turn downs but the inward curve of the bumper does not allow enough room.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been making good forward progress, I am waiting to post pictures after I get everything partially buttoned up... My goal is for it to only look half botched.
I have all the oil lines complete, I used a 3psi check valve so the oil does not gravity drain into the turbos from the long run. I have the oil return done as well with the scavenger pump, I am going to trigger the scavenger pump with the ECU and I may add either a 3 psi pressure switch on the drain side or a low pressure transducer and watch the pressure on the return feed. basically I am going to try and automate a shutdown function if the turbos back up with oil.. that would be very bad

Reactions: 4 users
1608051095932.png

did a thing while swapping the injectors out for LU80's. You can see the piece of aluminum I bent and twisted, then drilled. it took the place of the spacers for the fuel rails and holds the regulator so the fitting will not come loose from vibration.
1608051221375.png

Reactions: 5 users