Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

For those that look for updates..

- all oil lines are complete
- EBC is wired and plumbed in to both turbos
- Scavenger pump was tied into the fuel pump relay so its on when engine is running
- Fan control industrial SS relay was changed out for a dorman 902-310
- Transmission TCU was swapped out, I removed the microsquirt and am now using a MSGPIO board built as a TCU.. more robust option is all

The car should be ready to start and do leak tests...

now I have to begin the journey of cleaning the carpet and getting the entire interior reinstalled.

Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

You need a second set of hands, let me know Steve. Besides, been kicking around selling the AEM and going to a MS3. Maybe you can talk some sense into me.

Reactions: 1 user
I did some small adjustment to the transmission gear selector electronics and now the backup lights work and the engine turns over like it should.
This means I should be able to put some fuel in the tank and go for a first start on the newest build.

Lots of things still have to be done however number one on the list is getting the throttle linkage figured out.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users

its a link for a short video of the engine running, I have quite a bit of cleaning up to do inside and around the car lol

the exhaust note is not done justice in the video it sounds wicked

on another note, after adjusting the gear stop on the Lokar shifter I was successful in spinning the wheels in reverse and forward gears!!!
:spot:
:banana:
:rock:

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 10 users
I think I'm weird. Out of all the awesomeness pne of my favorite things is the AC compressor and lines hooked up. People's minds will be blown for so many reasons....but to have the top and windows up when you pull off on a hot day is a plus. Not only is it a cool well thought out beast but it has creature comforts too. Can't wait to see a drive by video.

What are your ideas for dumps after the turbos ?

I think I'm weird. Out of all the awesomeness pne of my favorite things is the AC compressor and lines hooked up. People's minds will be blown for so many reasons....but to have the top and windows up when you pull off on a hot day is a plus. Not only is it a cool well thought out beast but it has creature comforts too. Can't wait to see a drive by video.

What are your ideas for dumps after the turbos ?
I am going to take them right out the side of the bumper cover.. I plan on using a 3-3.5" pipe in the bumper cover that the turbo will sort of float inside this way I can make the pipes even on both sides even if the turbos are not.

I really wanted to do a turn down but the space to do so is just not available

If you had a radius bend you could make it look like a tear drop. That's too much of a pain though. Fitment would have to be almost perfect. I dig the floating pipe idea...thats similar to a bunch of manufacturers. Just a metal trim that runs back around the actual pipe and it kinda floats.

I'm with ya buddy...thats probably the easiest and cleanest way to do it.

So... today Rich and JR came over for cars and coffee... mostly did alot of BS'ing but with the world being shut down it was a really nice change of pace.

1609644282887.png

So this actually turned out beautifully, we went to install the Lokar throttle cable and quickly realized that we were not going to be able to get the Jamb nut on the inside of the firewall.. So we took a step back and assessed what we had, turns out all we needed to do was cannibalize some of the parts from the stock throttle cable. So we cut the end off the stock unit and pulled it apart, the plastic clip went on the cable to hold it onto the pedal assembly first then I carefully cut around the crimped end that bolts to the firewall until I was able to pull it off the factory cable sheathing.
1609644563824.png

Then we took a small step bit and used it to make a beveled shoulder to accept the cable, a little pb blaster and it slid together nicely and looks pretty stock.

We got the car cleaned up and the carpet installed, we also managed to trash my bumper cover drilling for the exhaust, but I already have a fix for that. Ill post an update on the bumper tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the bumper installed today, overall it went well but I did have to fight it a bit. The most important part is to make sure the foam does not slide all the way up against the body of the car, if it does then you cannot get the screws into the bumper from the trunk.

1609718262673.png

No more sag. overall I call it a win

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users