Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

I like how the back bumper turned out. Mine has that dang puff up spot that drives me crazy. What product did you go with again ?

I know I have not been keeping the updates regular for everyone but I have a ton going on right now.

I want to top off the transmission and take the car out for the first trip up the street and back but I have a pretty serious oil pan leak.. I should have known better than to use the cheap-o rubber gasket that came with the oil pan. Its leaking in the rear corner above the starter.
The plan is to use a cradle and drop the K member so that I can remove the oil pan, while its out I will weld in a 10AN bung for the oil return, this will allow me to use the valve cover as a vent again.

If I dont fix it now the underside of the car will be covered in oil... I cant that now can I?

Reactions: 2 users
I know I have not been keeping the updates regular for everyone but I have a ton going on right now.

I want to top off the transmission and take the car out for the first trip up the street and back but I have a pretty serious oil pan leak.. I should have known better than to use the cheap-o rubber gasket that came with the oil pan. Its leaking in the rear corner above the starter.
The plan is to use a cradle and drop the K member so that I can remove the oil pan, while its out I will weld in a 10AN bung for the oil return, this will allow me to use the valve cover as a vent again.

If I dont fix it now the underside of the car will be covered in oil... I cant that now can I?
Maybe that will add a degree of rust prevention to the exhaust tubing that you now have a linear mile of running under the car.:shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I've used the HF version of that more than once to drop the pan on my 93, comes in handy.
Upper intake off, motor mounts unbolted, jack up the engine as high as it will go, attach HF cross bar,
begin swearing a lot while wrestling the pan out..lol.
I dont want to fight it with the deep pan, I am just going to drop the K member out of the way

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks but I have one, hopefully get this done this weekend sometime.. i wanna drive my car.

We also need to setup a time for me to come over and get yours running
No worries. I still haven't run my vacuum line yet. But scheduling would probably help...lol. I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

Last edited:
Getting close to needing insurance.. did an online Hagarty quote 10k claimed value with unlimited miles [I can even drive it to work]... came back with 580 a year. That's not bad I think?

got the oil pan done and even managed to get the exhaust tips done.. I will get some pics tomorrow, I ended up having to do the brakes on the Mini Cooper again today [I hate that car] oil change on the S2000 and dug up the portion of the culvert that decided to fail. I am whooped

Reactions: 4 users
20210118_090103.jpg
20210118_090047.jpg

Paint has seen better days but I am not concerned with it.
Got the trans filled correctly this morning, I do not seem to be getting a signal from the vss... the way I have the circuit configured it may be as simple as swapping the wires on it. We will see.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
That exhaust is going to mess with a lot of people's minds.
Lets hope so..

I was meaning to ask you about the vacuum pump setup you are using.. I want to pull a vac on the crankcase without using engine vacuum for ring seal.
I plan on pulling from the driver valve cover with a filter in the passenger side, it will have a catch can on it. I want to pull about 4inhg to promote ring seal.. do you think one of those pumps your using will work for this? if so what would I need? will it survive constantly running?

Those pumps will survive running constant but I wouldn't expect to get 100k out of one ran like that. I don't know the volume of air these pumps move. It takes about 6 seconds to pull my cobra booster to 18in.hg.

I took everything off a Chevy cruze because the check valves and vacuum switch are easy to get to. There's also a relay attached to the harness coming from the vacuum pump. Power, ground, and +12v trigger wire. Trigger runs through vacuum switch. The pump is on a 20amp fuse.

Those pumps will survive running constant but I wouldn't expect to get 100k out of one ran like that. I don't know the volume of air these pumps move. It takes about 6 seconds to pull my cobra booster to 18in.hg.

I took everything off a Chevy cruze because the check valves and vacuum switch are easy to get to. There's also a relay attached to the harness coming from the vacuum pump. Power, ground, and +12v trigger wire. Trigger runs through vacuum switch. The pump is on a 20amp fuse.
Do you think I could setup a check valve system so that when the engine is under vacuum the pump is off and once it looses vacuum [boost or near boost] the vac pump picks up and the check valve pulls closed so the pump is then evac-ing the crank case.

hmm.. I just dont want the vac pump to affect the signal in the intake manifold.

I suppose I could try and mount a belt driven vacuum pump but that seems like a real PITA