Build Thread Enola-Black Fox - the 4r70 saga continues

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Just remove only the
- 0800 hours, I spoke to agent W and informed her of a top secret mission to retrieve a hydromechanical device. 0805 hours, she accepted the mission.

- 1250 hours, agent W made contact to confirm the # and inform me that the gate to the facility was closed with no way to enter. I gave her a contact # with the understanding that she was to destroy the evidence.

- 1255 hours, agent W made contact to inform that she was given the wrong # and was forced to defend against an extended car warranty attack. agent W is a fast thinker and after some google fu was able to find a correct #.

- 1310 hours, agent W made contact with facility personnel and was able to use her wiles to gain access when a delivery was leaving the facility. She now has custody of the hydromechanical device and in enroute to base.

- 1403 hours, agent W is at base.

:taco::taco::taco::taco:
Screws that secure the top to the bottom, then lift the top off.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors(?)

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
Don't beat up the crating yet. I want to give Mike a hard time if one of those right angles is a little off.....lol

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
So I figure I would post an update for those of you who watch this thread, I am still waiting on the transmission...

I got my vaccine yesterday and feel like I am going to die. Still at work doing work things.

other than that, the car is still on jack stands. :neat:

• Surprised
Reactions: 3 users

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Are you gonna tell these people ( and me) how the internals of the crated trans looked? ( I for one am curious). Also whether or not you intend to run the manual VB...or are we just gonna have to wait?

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Are you gonna tell these people ( and me) how the internals of the crated trans looked? ( I for one am curious). Also whether or not you intend to run the manual VB...or are we just gonna have to wait?
IMG_20210409_085743283_HDR.jpg

Looks good Mike.

Is the small threaded fitting on the driver side for a vacuum modulated something or other?

Reactions: 1 user

CarMichael Angelo

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
You just went down there and opened this just now didn’t you?
The Transgo VB mod gets rid of the electronic shift valve and replaces it with a vacuum modulator.
Remember, when/if you decide to open that crate, just remove the bottom screws, and lift the whole top off, else wise you’ll be doin’ a lot of unscrewin’

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
The Transmissions were dropped off this morning to a reputable shop in my area. The friend I was going to have do the work had a difference in opinion with me and I decided he would not be working on it.

We decided to do a new upgraded Forward drum and direct drum, these will hold 6 and 7 clutches each for more holding power. He is going to test and replace all the electronics in the trans and go thru my shift kit and make sure I was holding my tongue right when I did it.

I feel confident and should have the transmission back in a few weeks.

I have a game plan now and feel better about the direction the build is moving in. I plan to find time to do interior work and will document that.

I cant wait to start doing tuning videos again

Reactions: 5 users

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Has anyone purchased the LMR dash pad replacement? I am looking for fitment review before I pull the trigger.
The one in the car now is starting to bulge and separate along with some decent discoloration.