Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Just remove only the
- 0800 hours, I spoke to agent W and informed her of a top secret mission to retrieve a hydromechanical device. 0805 hours, she accepted the mission.

- 1250 hours, agent W made contact to confirm the # and inform me that the gate to the facility was closed with no way to enter. I gave her a contact # with the understanding that she was to destroy the evidence.

- 1255 hours, agent W made contact to inform that she was given the wrong # and was forced to defend against an extended car warranty attack. agent W is a fast thinker and after some google fu was able to find a correct #.

- 1310 hours, agent W made contact with facility personnel and was able to use her wiles to gain access when a delivery was leaving the facility. She now has custody of the hydromechanical device and in enroute to base.

- 1403 hours, agent W is at base.

:taco::taco::taco::taco:
Screws that secure the top to the bottom, then lift the top off.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So I figure I would post an update for those of you who watch this thread, I am still waiting on the transmission...

I got my vaccine yesterday and feel like I am going to die. Still at work doing work things.

other than that, the car is still on jack stands. :neat:

• Surprised
Reactions: 3 users
Are you gonna tell these people ( and me) how the internals of the crated trans looked? ( I for one am curious). Also whether or not you intend to run the manual VB...or are we just gonna have to wait?
IMG_20210409_085743283_HDR.jpg

Looks good Mike.

Is the small threaded fitting on the driver side for a vacuum modulated something or other?

Reactions: 1 user
You just went down there and opened this just now didn’t you?
The Transgo VB mod gets rid of the electronic shift valve and replaces it with a vacuum modulator.
Remember, when/if you decide to open that crate, just remove the bottom screws, and lift the whole top off, else wise you’ll be doin’ a lot of unscrewin’

The Transmissions were dropped off this morning to a reputable shop in my area. The friend I was going to have do the work had a difference in opinion with me and I decided he would not be working on it.

We decided to do a new upgraded Forward drum and direct drum, these will hold 6 and 7 clutches each for more holding power. He is going to test and replace all the electronics in the trans and go thru my shift kit and make sure I was holding my tongue right when I did it.

I feel confident and should have the transmission back in a few weeks.

I have a game plan now and feel better about the direction the build is moving in. I plan to find time to do interior work and will document that.

I cant wait to start doing tuning videos again

Reactions: 5 users