Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I really don't know...
I don’t know how many times i have to say this...
46B1F2CF-AA8E-4FEA-BDA2-0243E3D6A254.jpeg

There IS a plug for PS in a car not originally equipped with PS.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so we had a bit of a problem...

I [like an idiot] decided that I would take the car for a short spin around the property, I have 6 acres of flat hay field and it has been dry so the grass was not tall. I figured it would be a safe way to make sure the car was shifting gears ect... It went well [relatively speaking] and I found out that it does not take very much throttle input to make this thing build boost. :O_o: As in I may need a vacuum canister.

after my short jaunt through the field I park the car to give it a good cleaning with my new soap cannon and I see a drip from the fender??? :scratch: it was a WTF moment until I realized that the lack of BOV caused the compressor surge to blow the pipe apart again. but the fluid drip was a mystery... until I started looking around and realized it was oil.. alot of oil, at first I thought oh :poo: the scavenger pump went out, nope it works fine.. maybe the seals in the turbo went out ect.. we tested for an hour trying to make the turbos leak oil.
Now the part I left out is that the filters on the turbo were slap full of debris... so much so that they stopped even compressed air. after a deep clean and reoil everything seems fine. We figure the filters got full and the vacuum placed on them pulled oil past the seal. I am going to be making some debris shields to stop the tires from throwing junk at the filters and a bottom guard so they dont suck up debris from the road. This was a good lesson before its first road test.

I am thinking solid aluminum sheet vs the perforated sheet for the guards, their should be enough space around the guards for fresh air intake.

One other issue is that the breaks work fantastic.... so well that it wont turn the tires over with the breaks applied.. lol I am using a stock booster with the cobra MC, cobra rear disk and ATS front calipers... the pedal feel is very stiff like it has manual breaks @Mustang5L5 do I have the wrong recipe or ???

Reactions: 1 user
Ok so we had a bit of a problem...

I [like an idiot] decided that I would take the car for a short spin around the property, I have 6 acres of flat hay field and it has been dry so the grass was not tall. I figured it would be a safe way to make sure the car was shifting gears ect... It went well [relatively speaking] and I found out that it does not take very much throttle input to make this thing build boost. :O_o: As in I may need a vacuum canister.

after my short jaunt through the field I park the car to give it a good cleaning with my new soap cannon and I see a drip from the fender??? :scratch: it was a WTF moment until I realized that the lack of BOV caused the compressor surge to blow the pipe apart again. but the fluid drip was a mystery... until I started looking around and realized it was oil.. alot of oil, at first I thought oh :poo: the scavenger pump went out, nope it works fine.. maybe the seals in the turbo went out ect.. we tested for an hour trying to make the turbos leak oil.
Now the part I left out is that the filters on the turbo were slap full of debris... so much so that they stopped even compressed air. after a deep clean and reoil everything seems fine. We figure the filters got full and the vacuum placed on them pulled oil past the seal. I am going to be making some debris shields to stop the tires from throwing junk at the filters and a bottom guard so they dont suck up debris from the road. This was a good lesson before its first road test.

I am thinking solid aluminum sheet vs the perforated sheet for the guards, their should be enough space around the guards for fresh air intake.

One other issue is that the breaks work fantastic.... so well that it wont turn the tires over with the breaks applied.. lol I am using a stock booster with the cobra MC, cobra rear disk and ATS front calipers... the pedal feel is very stiff like it has manual breaks @Mustang5L5 do I have the wrong recipe or ???
I have an idea…

Why don’t you stop, and think about it. Have a come to Jesus moment, and realize the frugality of your design, and put the freakin turbos in the engine compartment.
Eliminate 10 different boost leak points, eliminate the need for a rear mounted oil scavenge system, and know that gravity will allow the turbos to return oil instead. Get rid of all of that heat by the fuel tank, and sleep better knowing that (2) 1000 degree heat sources have been removed from even the possibility of burning everything you’ve done ( and maybe yourself) to the ground. Eliminate what?…..12x4 feet of distance that exhaust has to travel, and compressed air has to return to get the job done in the about 6. And lastly, get the air intakes off the ground, out from behind the rear tires.

and…

It’s “ Brakes”

Last edited:
I have an idea…

Why don’t you stop, and think about it. Have a come to Jesus moment, and realize the frugality of your design, and put the freakin turbos in the engine compartment.
Eliminate 10 different boost leak points, eliminate the need for a rear mounted oil scavenge system, and know that gravity will allow the turbos to return oil instead. Get rid of all of that heat by the fuel tank, and sleep better knowing that (2) 1000 degree heat sources have been removed from even the possibility of burning everything you’ve done ( and maybe yourself) to the ground. Eliminate what?…..12x4 feet of distance that exhaust has to travel, and compressed air has to return to get the job done in about 6. And lastly, get the air intakes off the ground, out from behind the rear tires.

and…

It’s “ Brakes”
I cant help autocorrect gets it wrong every time.

NO.. actually the turbos dont even get hot enough to feel any heat through the turbo blankets.. also NO. I dont want to do it like everyone else does let them live in the sea of sameness

I get it. I reinvent the wheel enough myself, But…After cutting open the side of an engine in order to make 3-4 times the power it was never designed to make, only to have it all turn to sht when revving the thing too hard,…I had mine.

Now I can buy stuff that bolts on.

And now i only have to make the stuff fit.
I cant help autocorrect gets it wrong every time.

NO.. actually the turbos dont even get hot enough to feel any heat through the turbo blankets.. also NO. I dont want to do it like everyone else does let them live in the sea of sameness
well,…there’s a saying about leading a horse to water…but you’re the one that has to deal with it, so party on Wayne

I get it. I reinvent the wheel enough myself, But…After cutting open the side of an engine in order to make 3-4 times the power it was never designed to make, only to have it all turn to sht when revving the thing too hard,…I had mine.

Now I can buy stuff that bolts on.

And now i only have to make the stuff fit.

well,…there’s a saying about leading a horse to water…but you’re the one that has to deal with it, so party on Wayne
Just like anything Mike sometimes it takes a few alterations to the original design to get things right. I may be forced to abandon this if the turbos prove to be too small ect. others have been successful with similar designs so I am confident it will work out.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
This car was power everything. I have seats from a 2001 in the car so I am using the track from it. I had to convert from a 4 plug to the fox 2 plug but it all works like it should.

So there may be a plug for ps in a non ps car?

Maybe....

:doh: well if it's a secret then I'll just have to consult my magic book.
You know, you just don't want to tell :nono:

I really don't know...

Great tip. Will read again. :jester:

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
You could always put a ram air scoop on the trunk lid and pipe the air through a rectangle k & n filter and to the turbos. Could make it so when you raise the trunk it exposes the filter right above your neat little cover thing back there. The swirl of dust at the front edge of the trunk lid should be minimal compared to right behind the tires.

You could always put a ram air scoop on the trunk lid and pipe the air through a rectangle k & n filter and to the turbos. Could make it so when you raise the trunk it exposes the filter right above your neat little cover thing back there. The swirl of dust at the front edge of the trunk lid should be minimal compared to right behind the tires.
Yeah.... Trunk scoop makes me think mid 90s pimp my ride... Uhhh nah. Lol.
If anything I would do a panel filter that pulled from the trunk area... But I think it would be loud in the car.