Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

That car looks good down on all fours. The tie rod should be parallel to the line from the center line of the ball joint knuckle and the center of the control arm bolt. That should be almost zero.

Its going to feel like a completely different beast.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Scott now I have something to base my adjustment off of.

Thats how I've always started out. Setting bump steer is a PITA. I still haven't adjusted mine all the way. On one sided dips I can feel the car steer itself a little. I need to buy a bump steer gauge.

I’ve been looking for this for days..Now that I’ve re-opened the photobucket account so that I can get to all of the pics, Ive realized that I’ve just created a proverbial “ grandpa’s attic”, and I’ve been crawling through it searching for old, dusty, stuff.

Like this,...taken from 2014.
temporary_zpsf235442a.jpg

This is before I added the 50 thousand spacers to bring the tie rod parallel with the lower control arm. And despite having done that, have no “ after” pic to show it. All i’d have to do would be go downstairs, and take it IF the car was on the ground, but unfortunately, it’s not.
If I get lucky tomorrow, and the car gets started by sunday,...maybe it’ll be on the ground and i can give you the after too.

Ok so I got the go ahead too... and I quote my wife here.. "if your doing turbos do them now so the car does not come back apart"

Who am I to argue that point?

I am leaning towards twin t3 60 .63ar turbos unless someone has a better suggestion. Target is 6-8psi with more on E85.. this is more a limit based on wall clearance on this engine and the fact that I'll have twins feeding a 393.
Goal is an easy 600whp.
I will need a new pump (or second) and 120lb injectors for the e85 (plenty of headroom)

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Personally I think it’s crazy talk. 2 turbos, 2 waste gates, 2 down pipes, twice the fitment problems, routing nightmares, twice as expensive...

DO I NEED TO GO ON?

If you just have to have a turbo that spools quickly, look up the merit/benefit of putting a good single twin scroll on instead..

Personally I think it’s crazy talk. 2 turbos, 2 waste gates, 2 down pipes, twice the fitment problems, routing nightmares, twice as expensive...

DO I NEED TO GO ON?

If you just have to have a turbo that spools quickly, look up the merit/benefit of putting a good single twin scroll on instead..
Well Mike I am planning on making this as easy on myself as possible actually. I am not replacing the longtubes or changing the engine bay in an way. I plan to take two of these turbos https://www.cxracing.com/TRB-T3T4-V and mount them in the location of the mufflers, using the existing exhuast to feed them and install so the current tailpipe go over the axle. The intake to the turbo will be from a filter located above the axle, 2-2" tubes will run next to each subframe. The passenger cold side will cross under the oil pan behind the K member and the two will merge to a 4" in the driver fender area. The wastegates are internal so I dont have to worry about any of that mess, set them to 5psi and let the boost controller do the rest. Oil reservoir in the trunk will gravity feed the turbos and a scavenger pump will pull oil off the bottom of the turbos and return it to the tank.

• Love
Remote turbos. I do like Mikey's point. A single twin scroll will do all you want and probably all the block wants before it screams bloody murder. But remote turbos. Sized correctly will work well and be stealthy. Don't ford (pun intended) any deep water!