Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I am going to increase the ride height in the front first and see if I like the way that it looks/ feels. The front tire is up in the fender at the moment at full drop, I will lift until the front matches the rear before I spend any money on spring spacers.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Yes, the spring isolators will increase the height about 1/2" or so due to the added thickness of the isolators top and bottom. I agree with your above raising the height in the front first as you may not need to add them. You can always go with rear coilovers, but that's just me trying to spend your money or :stir:

Reactions: 1 user
I am going to increase the ride height in the front first and see if I like the way that it looks/ feels. The front tire is up in the fender at the moment at full drop, I will lift until the front matches the rear before I spend any money on spring spacers.
You’re an industrious kinda guy, why don’t you build yourself an adjustable spring pad that you can screw up to raise ride height like some of those aftermarket LCA’s that are out there?
1624914594216.jpeg

You’re an industrious kinda guy, why don’t you build yourself an adjustable spring pad that you can screw up to raise ride height like some of those aftermarket LCA’s that are out there?
1624914594216.jpeg
Maybe, it likely wont be necessary but I wont rule anything out. This is one of those times where I will choose the KISS method. The car feels very strong, I have not even had a chance to get past 50% throttle yet and the car was rolling out hard at 8psi. The turbos came into boost from 3-3.5k rpm.

Reactions: 3 users
So I went to adjust the coil over kit yesterday... and its frozen, no amount of force would get them to turn.
I also realized I am running 350lb springs in the front, no wonder the ride is so rough.

I ordered a new kit today from UPR, 10in 250 lb springs are what they recommended with my tire width and usage.

I was going to order a new rack and pinion but... cant find one anywhere for under 600 dollars... unless I went manual rack..

So I went to adjust the coil over kit yesterday... and its frozen, no amount of force would get them to turn.
I also realized I am running 350lb springs in the front, no wonder the ride is so rough.

I ordered a new kit today from UPR, 10in 250 lb springs are what they recommended with my tire width and usage.

I was going to order a new rack and pinion but... cant find one anywhere for under 600 dollars... unless I went manual rack..
Rack and Pinion Rockauto is your friend, but depends on if you just want to replace with stock or moving to a 99-04 GT rack. This means you would have to change the outer tie rods and the steering shaft as well.

Guess who has a new GT rack?

I found a new rack and pinion on rockauto for $230 made by BBB industries, so I ordered it along with a new pressure line. given enough time I think I may have every part on this car replaced soon.
Despite that, make sure you always carry a spare ecu, and distributor when it comes time to start driving it, cause you never can be too prepared for sht that might just arbitrarily fail.

Uhhh ck that, you don’t have a failure prone factory ecu, and you don’t have a failure prone tfi distributor….carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So I got the new UPR coil over kit installed it was a very nice kit using Viking springs, I opted for the upgrade with thrust washers between the spring and the adjuster. The thrust washer setup is a game changer much smoother steering.
The rack install went "smooth" I had to jack the engine up to get the rack in place with the 7qt oil pan. I also went ahead and installed a set of rear spring isolators since I am lifting the front of the car up.
Now I am waiting on the new yoke for the driveshaft so I can get it all installed and begin to move forward on this. Once its in I can set the ride height and do another round the block test run.

Reactions: 6 users
WOOOO... school. :neat:

I am currently in Michigan, Ann Arbor for a week of NTI training. Normally this is held at the University of Michigan but this year due to the covid crunch we are using the Washtenaw community college. My class in 2019 was 45 people this year its only 12..

• Dislike
  • Surprised
  • Boring
Reactions: 2 users
A little exterior paint touches and you'll be ready to take over the internet. Do you even have an IG ?
No sir I do not... I dont social media much....

What I really need is to find someone who is a whiz with these convertible top and window adjustments

BTW the paint dont look to bad when its clean, this thing needs a bath

Two friends of mine are moving to FL this weekend. The list keeps growing. Guess I need to make a road trip soon. It would be a good time. I'd move there too but I hate palmetto bugs....and hurricanes. :runaway: