Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

And Alligators!

A little duck tape fixes them right up.....just watch out for the tail whip. I ain't afraid of no gater. :nono:

Not afraid of sharks either.

Just...

Those....

Flyin'....

Cockroaches....

Ps. I won't even go to Hawaii because of them. Y'all can't get me stuck on an island full of those things. It's so bad people block them out of their memories when they return. Nope, nope, nope !!!

Fixed the gear hunt issue, I made it so that it stays in lockup during light throttle 3-4 shift.

I finally laid into it a bit and it just keeps pulling hard I would not doubt it makes huge torque numbers. I'm going to put at least 500miles on it then hit the dyno.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Fixed the gear hunt issue, I made it so that it stays in lockup during light throttle 3-4 shift.

I finally laid into it a bit and it just keeps pulling hard I would not doubt it makes huge torque numbers. I'm going to put at least 500miles on it then hit the dyno.
Nice! I need to schedule some dyno time for mine as well. I'm at about 1100miles.

A little duck tape fixes them right up.....just watch out for the tail whip. I ain't afraid of no gater. :nono:

Not afraid of sharks either.

Just...

Those....

Flyin'....

Cockroaches....

Ps. I won't even go to Hawaii because of them. Y'all can't get me stuck on an island full of those things. It's so bad people block them out of their memories when they return. Nope, nope, nope !!!
If you were staying somewhere here that had flying cockroaches you were staying at the wroooong place.......:eek: There ain't no roaches at my house.

Reactions: 1 user
However I am apparently insured by Geico...

IMG_20210816_132640_161.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
So lets talk about my experience of the first 100miles of this build, keeping in mind that some of the "issues" are from a partially finished process and I have not yet tested the AC system or tuned that portion of the process.

I originally had the engine idling down at 700rpm, the issue I ran into is that once I put the car into gear I would get a horrible idle surge. The cam simply did not like that. I raised the idle to 850 in park and it idles down to 750 in drive, perfect idle and no issues. I can drive the car at low speeds without issue on and off the throttle. The only time I do have issues is if I goose the throttle once in gear with the brakes held this will cause an idle "hiccup" but I don't see why this would ever be done in normal driving.
Cruising is a real pleasure, I have the trans setup to shift roughly every 10mph and lockup in 3rd and 4th. In 4th in lockup at 45mph I am turning 1250rpm or so and I get no complaints from the engine I do not have any perceived "lugging" this is likely due to 393cid it just don't care.... at 75mph I am turning 2k rpm.
Acceleration is the only time you can tell it has a stall convertor, even under light throttle the convertor will move up around 2200rpm until lockup. I am considering putting in a set of glass-packs or resonators before the turbo to quite it down at that rpm.
WOT is violent, it does not burn the tires off the car just rolls out hard. Once its broken in properly I plan to dyno then hit the track for an 1/8th mile run.

• Winner
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Tomorrow morning pops is coming over and we are going to charge the AC.
I plan on putting as many miles on the car as I can this weekend. I want to make it to a few shows\club functions this year.
My good friend is in a tuner show next month, I wanted to enter my car (it fits) but with the bad paint ect. They rejected me... Guess paint is on the short list

Reactions: 1 users
Tomorrow morning pops is coming over and we are going to charge the AC.
I plan on putting as many miles on the car as I can this weekend. I want to make it to a few shows\club functions this year.
My good friend is in a tuner show next month, I wanted to enter my car (it fits) but with the bad paint ect. They rejected me... Guess paint is on the short list
Cruisin the Coast…in MS.
Dont be a pussie