Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Modern turbo engines usually have a two circuit PCV system with an oil separator integrated on the high load side to solve this problem. I would be the 2JZ has something like that from the factory. NA engines simply reverse flow directions on a single circuit when switching from low load to high load.

• Sponsors (?)

Modern turbo engines usually have a two circuit PCV system with an oil separator integrated on the high load side to solve this problem. I would be the 2JZ has something like that from the factory. NA engines simply reverse flow directions on a single circuit when switching from low load to high load.
I didn’t see anything too sporty like that when I had that engine open while freshening it up. drain holes that run from the head into the pan is all I saw. The only thing different that this engine had from any other that I’ve ever messed with before are oil injectors that spray on the bottom of the pistons to keep them cool, and lubricated.

6 weeks.... thats how long I have to wait for the new crankshaft to arrive and that is a best case scenario. :leghump: you Murphy.

I am going to take the time I now have and finish up the interior work I have planned. I will be replacing the dash pad, steering wheel, vents, and window motors.
I also want to modify the strut tower brace and attempt to make it fit.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
6 weeks.... thats how long I have to wait for the new crankshaft to arrive and that is a best case scenario. :leghump: you Murphy.

I am going to take the time I now have and finish up the interior work I have planned. I will be replacing the dash pad, steering wheel, vents, and window motors.
I also want to modify the strut tower brace and attempt to make it fit.
isn’t your engine a 393?

I took some time off to lurk in other threads.

I have the engine built back to a long block, used a set of total seal steel rings gapless top.. expensive but specific for the build. We opened the wall clearance up to 50 from 30 so that I can run boost without worry.

I had a new converter built for it as well. The 3k stall is out and a 2300 stall is in. Should let me make better use of the torque curve on this many cubes.
I also replaced the brake booster with a cobra unit, hopefully it's not so large that I have clearance issues.

I still have to setup the rockers before the engine goes back in the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Engine is back in the car, we found a few broken rocker arms they were cracked right under the roller.
20211106_125707.jpg

So a new set was in order.

• Surprised
Reactions: 8 users
It is nice to finally feel like I am making progress. I hope to get everything done that requires the car be up in the air and finally set it down on the tires.
I am going to do 50 miles on the oil and do a change on it.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
I really wish I had room somewhere that I could make something like that. I would have to build the rig outside but thats not a big deal.
This is a very small space next to my furnace/ac. 30gal. I also plumbed in an electric valve so I just flip a switch to start a water change then another to pump new water up to my tank. Older pics. I’m over run with green star polyps so I’m probably gonna tear down and restart this winter

Attachments

• 8425278F-CAEF-42D2-A6F3-721D6F4F2CB7.jpeg
    8425278F-CAEF-42D2-A6F3-721D6F4F2CB7.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 7E13DEA6-2AC4-4CE2-9682-84F4C709BADD.jpeg
    7E13DEA6-2AC4-4CE2-9682-84F4C709BADD.jpeg
    673.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user