• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Extra breather necessary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter redsn95gt
  • Start date Start date Dec 5, 2011
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3

Rick 91GT

Mustang Master
Nov 29, 1999
9,692
95
99
PA
Feb 8, 2012
#41
  • Feb 8, 2012
  • #41
It should be a 1.25" hole on the valve cover....
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Feb 8, 2012
#42
  • Feb 8, 2012
  • #42
No, the hose runs between the pcv valve and a vacuum port on the intake. The breather doesn't need a nimple. You only need one breather cap. The holes in the valve covers should be standard sizes. You can buy a new metal mesh for under the pcv valve. It's a couple of bucks at any parts store.

Kurt
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Feb 8, 2012
#43
  • Feb 8, 2012
  • #43
ahh ok, so then do I have to cap off the tree where the current hose runs into the vacuum port on the intake or can that just be left open? I asked about the mesh screen b/c I did not see how it would work w/ a PCV set up on the valve covers. Before it just dropped in the hole on the back of my previous intake. Do all I have to have is the PCV valve itself fitted into the valve cover w/ the correct size grommett to hold it in place or do I have to have the screen mesh in place too?
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Feb 9, 2012
#44
  • Feb 9, 2012
  • #44
No, you can just stick it in the valve cover, there should be a baffle inder it. It thought you said you had a pcv provision in the back of the intake.

Kurt
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Feb 11, 2012
#45
  • Feb 11, 2012
  • #45
nope that was my TFSR intake that did, the Victor 5.8 does not. I'll have to pick up a grommet I cant find the ones I had before. I'm just going to reuse the PCV valve I had before. It was pretty new when I pulled it out, I think thats why I kept it. Not to many car parts I actually throw out, hell I still have my bad wheel hub I replaced.
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Feb 11, 2012
#46
  • Feb 11, 2012
  • #46
Ok, sorry. I'm all caught up now. There were 2 different cars in this thread, and I got lost. You can get everything you need at Advance, I know that. There is even a little emission pipe in the emissions section that has a perfect 90 degree bend on it. A new PCV valve is about $3, but if the other one is new, then it should be fine. There is a grommet kit by Mr. Gasket in the Performance section.

Kurt
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Feb 13, 2012
#47
  • Feb 13, 2012
  • #47
Thats a cool kit but Id rather not spend $20 for one grommet that I actually need lol. This should work.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-6892-F/
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Feb 14, 2012
#48
  • Feb 14, 2012
  • #48
I think the Mr. Gasket grommet kit is around $5 in the store. I know they have a cheap one there somewhere. They probably have a Dorman one for $3.

Kurt
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Feb 14, 2012
#49
  • Feb 14, 2012
  • #49
I'll check advance auto in town and see if they have that Mr Gasket kit.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
440
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
AlexM556
A
Resolved 1999 cobra removed lower intake manifold to crossovertube
  • hvcobra99
  • Sep 6, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
0
Views
109
SVT Tech Forum Sep 6, 2026
hvcobra99
D
Please help with vacuum lines
  • Dawgs000082
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
196
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 10, 2026
Dawgs000082
D
A
Catch can questions.
  • AngryH58
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
81
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Tuesday at 8:34 AM
squeak93
N
Edelbrock 1405 Setup
  • nathantaylor200
  • Nov 4, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
302
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Nov 5, 2025
nathantaylor200
N
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?