• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Fig Light Switch Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter screamin gt
  • Start date Start date Apr 13, 2016

screamin gt

5 Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
393
6
28
central CT
Apr 13, 2016
#1
  • Apr 13, 2016
  • #1
On 99 to 04 models I just need to know which way is off. I had hids and stole the fog light switch for my low beams. Problem is my hids are fried and I can't remember what position is on or off because I haven't driven it in a while. But I just had a brand new battery go dead for seemingly no reason so I'm thinking I may have left that in the on position and it's killing my battery even though the hid doesn't actually work at the moment.

So if the orange light side is pushed down the light is _____. If the headlight symbol is pushed down the headlight is ____.
 

screamin gt

5 Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
393
6
28
central CT
Apr 14, 2016
#2
  • Apr 14, 2016
  • #2
Can someone please take 2 seconds to check this please? My switch doesn't light up so I have no way to know.
 

grnhays

Member
Sep 21, 2015
63
21
18
Green Bay, WI.
Apr 14, 2016
#3
  • Apr 14, 2016
  • #3
Couldn't you use a voltmeter to check for voltage, when switch flipped?
 

screamin gt

5 Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
393
6
28
central CT
Apr 14, 2016
#4
  • Apr 14, 2016
  • #4
grnhays said:
Couldn't you use a voltmeter to check for voltage, when switch flipped?
Click to expand...
Not to good with that stuff. I'm thinking if the side with the symbol is pushed them the light would turn on indicating the switch is activated. Light side down means off I guess.
 
R

rjmarth21

New Member
Aug 23, 2015
3
0
1
Apr 16, 2016
#5
  • Apr 16, 2016
  • #5
screamin gt said:
Not to good with that stuff. I'm thinking if the side with the symbol is pushed them the light would turn on indicating the switch is activated. Light side down means off I guess.
Click to expand...
That's correct if I'm following right. The light on the switch is on, the lights on the car are on.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical Parasitic Draw, Fuse 8
  • N8827N
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
190
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
389
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
10
Views
251
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Saturday at 9:20 AM
Dawry Ramos
D
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
175
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
259
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?