Progress Thread Fire Hazard GT build: On the road

This is the upr adjuster with rounded edges....

20201129_001626.jpg

This is the Strange ones with squared edges for the tool to grab.

20201129_001606.jpg

The spanner wrench I ordered fits right in the notch on the Strange coilovers. I didn't have to use it though. Adjustments were easy by hand. Y'all have me double guessing my use of antiseize though.

• Sponsors (?)

Spoke with Summit today. I know a good group of folks who have had problems with their customer service, including my Dad who stopped using them after 20+ years, but they are coming through for me. I'll be receiving another kit, next-day, tomorrow and sending the unused portion back to them. I'm still interested to see if I'm missing other parts. No matter how I look at it I have not figured out how the vents mount to it. Anyone run this thing currently, or in the past?

gauge cage.jpg

This is the upr adjuster with rounded edges....

20201129_001626.jpg

This is the Strange ones with squared edges for the tool to grab.

20201129_001606.jpg

The spanner wrench I ordered fits right in the notch on the Strange coilovers. I didn't have to use it though. Adjustments were easy by hand. Y'all have me double guessing my use of antiseize though.
The UPR uses a pin spanner and Strange a hook spanner.If using the right diameter pin spanner these are easier to use as the spanner wrench is held more securely with less chance of the tool slipping off.The slotted adj. collar seems to be more common.

Spoke with Summit today. I know a good group of folks who have had problems with their customer service, including my Dad who stopped using them after 20+ years, but they are coming through for me. I'll be receiving another kit, next-day, tomorrow and sending the unused portion back to them. I'm still interested to see if I'm missing other parts. No matter how I look at it I have not figured out how the vents mount to it. Anyone run this thing currently, or in the past?

gauge cage.jpg
I won’t swear to it,but I think Jeff @TOOLOW91 has similar vent gauges

So you buy the gauge at 80, show the cage around 100ish and post it on 108...lol. Then I get here and....you linked it. lol....no worries. Did you drill for the little threaded studs on the vent tabs?

So you buy the gauge at 80, show the cage around 100ish and post it on 108...lol. Then I get here and....you linked it. lol....no worries. Did you drill for the little threaded studs on the vent tabs?
I didn’t , I wish I did I want to say I sort of winged it and didn’t realize I had to until later . So they do feel very delicate to move . Most of the time when I use my hvac I have it on my feet and barely ever move the vents

I just can't make this stuff up. Summit next days the gauge cage to me. I receive it yesterday and immediately open it up. Its minus the backing plate also...WTH? Call Summit and they are having Autometer open the box, ensure everything is there, and then ship it to me. I guess it will give me time to figure out the best way to mount the vents.

Reactions: 1 user
I received gauge cage shipment 3 of 4! It actually has the backing plate in the box this time, so things are definitely looking up. To my shame I went ahead and used the plastic oil pressure line and routed the temp sender line. Hopefully, I'll get it all finished tomorrow. I do think I'll re-check my TDC again. I keep going through the setting of the pointer, and need to re-confirm I put the thing in the right place after the whole piston stop determination.

Reactions: 1 user
I second getting rid of the plastic line...they sell the copper line at most parts stores on the shelf. The copper lasts a lot longer than the plastic line. I had one burst on me behind my dash after about a year.....never again. I also run about 100psi cold....60 psi at idle warm.

Well, gauges are in. I've had a couple of notable days lately, so I figured I'd pass on what I've learned to the crew here. As usual, my thoughts, take them or leave them. So picture this, you're retiring from the armed service after 23 plus years and decide to get all your aches and pains tuned up. Your nose is one of the problems you have after years of having poorly executed discussions with fellow humans. A little septum work, and some clean up sounds pretty good until the Doc lets you know he was concerned during the surgery, and rightfully so, believes he may of found cancer. The cancer Docs confirm you are stage 4............time to review life a bit. Please do not give me the "sorry treatment," don't need it, and have already lived a pretty damn good life. Oh, and plan to keep living one. I thrive off of talking with and meeting passionate people, may whom I've met here, and could live in a gutter if those around me are doing well. For the most part, I have that. I've also concluded that I do not need to make six figures, spend an hour driving both ways to work, or work to the point that I neglect the family that has already supported me through multiple deployments and times gone. I love to build, I enjoy my kids, I enjoy other people's passion towards about everything, and I plan to keep enjoying these things for a good long while. So, my point to you gentlemen is chase that passion, enjoy your family, establish what matters to you in life.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Stage 4 cancer of the what was discovered during nose surgery? The recovery from turbinate and septum surgery sucked bad enough without such complications. (I got into a disagreement with a tennis court years ago, and it won. I thought I could clear the net after several games, and almost did.)
So what’s the attack plan for the cancer? Will the VA pay? If not, I hope you have AFLAC type coverage.
Best wishes!

Well said man, your card can be pulled at any time. Fight your fight,love your fam and have fun because life isn't a guarantee.
Sounds like you're already in that mindset. Good on you brother.
If it ain't fun don't do it.
Now how bout that mustang?
Pics of your gauges installed
What's next on your list?
Gauge pics would just lower your expectation of the whole build, but then again, no one has expectations...lol. Honestly, I've got the cage lose just in case one of the gauges doesn't work. Otherwise, I need to coat some items underneath. The PO had some round tubing welded to the seams allowing him to run nitrous lines. I've never ground them off, so I need to get some rust encapsulater sprayed on them. I need to install the stereo speakers......otherwise it's just in need of a tune. .

Stage 4 cancer of the what was discovered during nose surgery? The recovery from turbinate and septum surgery sucked bad enough without such complications. (I got into a disagreement with a tennis court years ago, and it won. I thought I could clear the net after several games, and almost did.)
So what’s the attack plan for the cancer? Will the VA pay? If not, I hope you have AFLAC type coverage.
Best wishes!
Once you hit the fourth stage it's metastatic cancer. In my case it started as head/neck cancer and spread to the lungs, liver, chest, abdomen ect. We've been through about four treatment methods and are now on a line of chemo that was just meant to halt its progression. Oddly, it's reduced most of the masses by half to include one of the masses in my pec almost being completely gone. It won't work for ever, but we're going to keep going as long as this method works. Thanks for the support.

Reactions: 2 users