First Ford Mustang

firosiro

Jul 23, 2017
British No2 table tennis player fears for his sport as fund for 2012 Games is slashed. DARIUS KNIGHT, the British No2 table tennis player, today blasted UK Sport's decision to reduce funds for athletes before the London 2012 Olympics. Just [pounds sterling]550million was allocated to support Team GB's athletes [pounds sterling]50m less than had originally been promised but more than double the [pounds sterling] 265m given to encourage athletes in the build-up to the Beijing Games.

And 18-year-old Knight, who left his own life in a young gang to become a real 2012 medal hope, is frustrated table tennis is just one of eight sports set to get their financing cut. "If we had received that money to put money into coaches ping pong paddle best, there might always have been a fantastic center of players," said Knight, who had been born in south London but now lives in Sheffield. "That would recycle itself. We could have 10 Dariuses or even more it's not a problem when we get them working early.

No financing makes it so hard to actually sustain a career and develop the game in this country." Knight started training in a drop in Wandsworth in an effort to get himself out of this drug culture that consumed many of his friends. He now receives personal sponsorship from Fred Perry a reality made more significant in the wake of UK Sport's guidance to table tennis players that they will need to look elsewhere for financing in the wake of a shortfall.

table-tennis-and-ball.jpg

"that I am simply trying to show young kids there are things you can do instead of hang around on the streets and get into trouble," said Knight, who will play at the Fred Perry Urban Cup at York Hall on Saturday week. "I really don't find myself as a role model, it is flattering but I am just like a normal man. I enjoy TV and playing computer games and before I played I had never been abroad or even stayed in a hotel.
"Now I see my life as getting the best table tennis player I can be with the best aim of Olympic gold." While Knight is still confident he can achieve this aim, table tennis as a whole was hit hard by yesterday's funding announcement.

Richard Yule, chief executive of the English Table Tennis Association, said: "We are extremely disappointed because this generates more uncertainty among players and coaches. This will reduce our capacity to run a national center and coaching programs." Table tennis is one of eight sports to have suffered under UK Sport's "no compromise" funding formula centered on medal success and podium potential ping pong tables. Although they are guaranteed that a simple level of funding which starts next March, they face a battle to top that up through public or sponsorship grants.

British Shooting, that had obtained [pounds sterling]5m in the last Olympic cycle, paid the price for failing to win a trophy in the last two Games and said the prognosis was now "gloomy" for London. Chief executive Philip Boakes declared that the uncertainty may induce some of his trainers to move abroad. His sport was being penalised for failing to medal in an Olympics since Richard Faulds won a shotgun gold in the Sydney Games.

Boakes said: "We have a significant competition in Europe in January but we are not even able to book flights." Sports hoping to make the Olympic debut at 2012 also suffered a setback. Though the British volleyball team automatically qualifies as hosts, the sport now faces a [pounds sterling]5m funding gap for 2012 and may not be aggressive.

table-tennis-fighting.jpg

Richard Callicott, seat of British​

Volleyball, stated: "We appear to have been penalised. We have ticked all the boxes and much more so than some of the sport that are getting guaranteed funding." UK Sport has now been handed responsibility by the Authorities for plugging the [pounds sterling]50m gap and is targeting money from wealthy benefactors and corporate patrons.

Chairman Sue Campbell said of the sport influenced: "We aren't abandoning these people but we need to look at it in a very business-like way." . . For more inforomation about the Fred Perry Urban Cup in York Hall, visit https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/best-ping-pong-robots-ping-pong-sport/

Attachments

• sleeping-bags-unpacked.jpg
    sleeping-bags-unpacked.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 13424.jpg
    13424.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 93
  • dormir-monta%C3%B1a.jpg
    dormir-monta%C3%B1a.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome! :cheers: I'm not sure what that box was but it sounds like an aftermarket part to adjust TPS voltage. Your probably best just to remove it permanently if that's what it was, no need for it. Lots of knowledgeable people around here so hopefully someone else might know.

Welcome to Stangnet.

Show a picture of the part.

Sounds like you've done a lot already. Have you upgraded your brakes yet?

I'll move your thread to the fox general talk subforum, that's where us fox fanatics hang out.

Good to have you with us.

they sell some gimmick that allowed you to adjust your TPS
does it look like this

tps1.jpg

throw it in the garbage and just use a DVOM to adjust it between .6 and 1 volt with the key on

Everyone on FB knows the very first thing you do when your car runs like junk is adjust the TPS to 0.999999 volts.

Mustang troubleshooting 101

Reactions: 3 users
@Mustang5L5
How do you do this, please? imp
When you go to the 5.0 tech section there are the tech/how to threads, in there you will find a wealth of info on working on and modifying, junk yard parts swaps (my favorite) and other useful stuff.
One of my favorites is the last one, Cosbys 12 second recipe while kinda dated, still interesting.

When you go to the 5.0 tech section there are the tech/how to threads, in there you will find a wealth of info on working on and modifying, junk yard parts swaps (my favorite) and other useful stuff.
One of my favorites is the last one, Cosbys 12 second recipe while kinda dated, still interesting.

Holy crap. I remember when Bob made that list up on the Corral. That has to be going on 20 years old. He's long since gone from the Mustang scene..