Progress Thread First Project Car - '93 Notch.

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Hey @Davedacarpainter if you have time to explain tonight, figured I'd remind you. If not no big deal, whenever you get a chance I know how it is working 12+ hours and being too exhausted to type lol. But I have a couple other questions to throw in.

1. What number grits do I use
2. Block sand or orbital?
3. How to sand in small areas, like the bumper grill
4. How to fix those damaged areas
And I think that's all of my main ones
If you don’t mind a phone call, pm me your phone number. It’ll take five minutes to explain the info you are needing.

• Sponsors(?)

James V

Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Hey guys. Can someone tell me where I went wrong with this exhaust setup. I have a 2.5 prochamber H pipe in the middle. I have flowmaster 2.5 tailpipes at the end. I recently bought SLPs with 2.5 inlet and outlet. And then to connect the slps to my midpipe I bought this lmr 2.5" flow tube kit

Where did I go wrong and what would I need to make it all fit. The slps since they have the 2.5 inlet they can fit on one end but the other end wont fit since the tailpipes or the flow tubes are the same diameter.

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
This from that company, that from this company. Everybody designs their stuff to fit together, throw in a muffler from there and a mid pipe from here and you have fitment issues as you have found out, at this point if you want to make it work I would take it to a muffler shop and they can tweak it together, weld it up with hangers and you are burning rubber all the way home in the same day in most cases, alternative methods would be to get some of those new band clamps and work it out that way.

James V

Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
This from that company, that from this company. Everybody designs their stuff to fit together, throw in a muffler from there and a mid pipe from here and you have fitment issues as you have found out, at this point if you want to make it work I would take it to a muffler shop and they can tweak it together, weld it up with hangers and you are burning rubber all the way home in the same day in most cases, alternative methods would be to get some of those new band clamps and work it out that way.
I kind of figured that the varying brands might have been an issue. At this point I might just bolt the flowmaster system I had back together and return the slps. I was hoping for a simple bolt on operation.

stanglx2002

CT Material here
Mod Dude
Jul 7, 2005
The issue you are having is the flow tubes and the SLP mufflers are both flared to accept the pipe on the inner diameter. This means that they are going to be the exact same size but an easy fix is to get a standard size 2 and 1/2 inch pipe that hasn't been flared and it should fit on the inside of both the muffler and the flow tubes.

Reactions: James V

James V

Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
The issue you are having is the flow tubes and the SLP mufflers are both flared to accept the pipe on the inner diameter. This means that they are going to be the exact same size but an easy fix is to get a standard size 2 and 1/2 inch pipe that hasn't been flared and it should fit on the inside of both the muffler and the flow tubes.
I'll have to look up some different flow tubes then. I just bought the only ones LMR had.